• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Healing vibes needed for Jayden rat

Luciuslop

Alpha Buck
Took Jayden to vet tonight for his 2nd Micotil injection. He is a very poorly boy and to be honest I am not very hopeful of the outcome :cry: :cry: He is only 16 months old.

As with all my rats he is a rescue and arrived with me at the tender age of 6 weeks. He was the only boy in a litter of 5 and as the RSPCA had no other males for him to live with he came to live with us. He has always been rattly and as he has grown up his rattles have grown progressively worse. One of his sister's who lives 5 miles away is also been the same, but to a lesser degree.

We have tried all the standard drugs for treating myco. I have a nebuliser, but he totally freaks at being confined and steaming him in the bathroom isn't such a good idea either as he has to be loose and rushes madly around trying to climb up onto the toilet, the shelf, the bath, etc. Have tried all that I can think of. The problem is his lungs and airways have become so congested with mucas he can barely breathe, every breath is an effort and now he has started having horrible panic attacks.:( Micotil is a very effective drug to use for myco/ respiratory probs in rats as it contains a steroid and goes straight to wherever there is inflamation, but there is a risk involved with it as some rats can develop a heart arrythmia. I have used it on several ratties with very good results. Since taking the 1st dose JJ has improved slightly, but still needs intensive nursing care. I am hoping that by the time he has completed the 3rd injection he will be feeling much better. I cannot cure him, but am hoping to buy him a little more time.

Please send him get better wishes.
taz

awww hun *hugest hugs to you and ratty boy* I hope you can make howeer much time he has left comfortable.. bless him and I hope the meds do a miracle :D

Aww, hope he gets better soon, but if not at least you gave him the best life possible. 2 of my rats departed due to that in the past. Hugs & good vibes xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back