• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Hilda's Floss(vets again)

karen354

Warren Veteran
Hope Hilda doesn't mind me posting this. Just had a text off her, Floss has to go to the vets again tonight and it doesn't sound good :cry: :cry:

Lots of vibes for her please ..

karen x

Hope Hilda doesn't mind me posting this. Just had a text off her, Floss has to go to the vets again tonight and it doesn't sound good :cry: :cry:

Lots of vibes for her please ..

karen x

OH GOODNESS NO :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry:

Sending BILLIONS of vibes for Floss. Please keep us updated Karen

Janex

Thanks so much for all your vibes. When I brought Floss indoors tonight do her evening meds we were shocked at the state of her eye.It had been improving steadily over the past few days, although I have to admit that I thought this morning that the opaqueness seemed to be slightly larger..however I put it down to my imagination:? When I did her eyedrops at lunchtime I was in a rush and didn't have my glasses on so didn't really look too closely(I did them out in the run). But tonight apart from the white/opaque area the rest of the iris was bloodred. Fortunately Kevin was on and told me to whip her straight up. Surgery had just finished but he said they'd all hang on as he knows we are just 10 mins drive away. He's put her back on Flagyl twice daily, Baytryl once daily, fucithalmic 3times a day, and I've to collect some special stuff he's ordered just for her..it's a human non-steroid eye treatment (can't remember the name, but I'll post it up tomorrow)which she's to have 4 times a day. He wants to see her next Thursday, but sooner if the condition gets worse. If it doesn't improve he is considering doing a corneal graft, or suturing her eyelids(just as you'd said last week, Jane..so I wasn't too shocked when he said that). If she needs one of those options done he wants to do a culture while she's under anaesthetic to try to find out what bug is causing the condition .

Thanks so much for all your vibes. When I brought Floss indoors tonight do her evening meds we were shocked at the state of her eye.It had been improving steadily over the past few days, although I have to admit that I thought this morning that the opaqueness seemed to be slightly larger..however I put it down to my imagination:? When I did her eyedrops at lunchtime I was in a rush and didn't have my glasses on so didn't really look too closely(I did them out in the run). But tonight apart from the white/opaque area the rest of the iris was bloodred. Fortunately Kevin was on and told me to whip her straight up. Surgery had just finished but he said they'd all hang on as he knows we are just 10 mins drive away. He's put her back on Flagyl twice daily, Baytryl once daily, fucithalmic 3times a day, and I've to collect some special stuff he's ordered just for her..it's a human non-steroid eye treatment (can't remember the name, but I'll post it up tomorrow)which she's to have 4 times a day. He wants to see her next Thursday, but sooner if the condition gets worse. If it doesn't improve he is considering doing a corneal graft, or suturing her eyelids(just as you'd said last week, Jane..so I wasn't too shocked when he said that). If she needs one of those options done he wants to do a culture while she's under anaesthetic to try to find out what bug is causing the condition .

Awwww bless wee Floss. She obviously has a great Bunny Vet and it is so heartening to read posts where a Vet goes all out to help a poorly Bun.
Please keep us updated Hilda. We all want the beautiful Floss back to robust health ASAP.

A special noserub to her from Auntie Jane :D

Janex

OMG ! :shock: :shock: :shock: SCARY:cry: .

I hope this other medicine will sort it hun. Poor Floss. Shes amazing:) .

I agree Jane Kevin is a superb vet. If anyone can make Floss better its him. :D

He is super. I'm so lucky to have such a fab vet locally.He and the vet nurse who'd waited for me were so lovely and ddin't make me feel as though I was putting them out at all. I thought I may have had a proportion of the out-of-hours- charge to pay, but I was charged only for the new meds. Mind you, Floss has probably paid off all their mortgages over the past 2 years!!!:lol:

Oh Hilda, I am SO sorry to hear about poor Floss.....I had thought that her eye was better now.:cry: :cry: I will keep my fingers VERY firmly crossed that the new meds make a drastic improvement. Sending TONS of vibes to Floss.....and *hugs* to you. XXX:(

Back