• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i cant take anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kimd6200

Banned
:evil: arh im seriously fed up with my neighbours rabbit.got in my garden yet again and cuz it couldnt get into thumpers hutch it has chewed all the side panel.i could realy kill it!(figure of speech).everytime i take it back the owner just laughs n keeps sayin he gets out.well why dont she secure him in more properly!:evil: to make matters even more worse he has got runny eyes!:shock: hope he hasnt got myxi.put him in a temp run up top of garden n going take him back later wen oh gts in.goin explain that he cant keep runnin about but think itll fall on deaf ears.apart from keepin shed door shut 24/7 dont know what else to do.:evil: sorry for he rant but its driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm that must be somewhat annoying :roll: Could you offer to go and secure her hutch/run for her then he couldn't get in your garden? Work for you I know but in the long run it may save your sanity!

i would but having 2 kids n bein pregnant i dont get the time.hes in a wendyhouse with run attached but no roof.when i take him back later ill have tell her somethinng.x

Have you reported it? Either the RSPCA or local council would be the first place. The next time it escapes I would take it to the local rescues and pop a note through the door saying where it is. The hassle of getting it back might encourage them to be more careful. I think the local dog warden is actually responsible for all strays, I'm not sure if they'd need to pay to get a rabbit back like you would a dog.

Tam

i would but having 2 kids n bein pregnant i dont get the time.hes in a wendyhouse with run attached but no roof.when i take him back later ill have tell her somethinng.x

Oh I see sorry ! Yes you must tell her its not good for you or bunny! Give her some tips on how to secure it perhaps?

i thought about the rspca but i know she would cause trouble.ill tell her this is her last chance otherwise i will call them.getting silly now.x

:evil: arh im seriously fed up with my neighbours rabbit.got in my garden yet again and cuz it couldnt get into thumpers hutch it has chewed all the side panel.i could realy kill it!(figure of speech).everytime i take it back the owner just laughs n keeps sayin he gets out.well why dont she secure him in more properly!:evil: to make matters even more worse he has got runny eyes!:shock: hope he hasnt got myxi.put him in a temp run up top of garden n going take him back later wen oh gts in.goin explain that he cant keep runnin about but think itll fall on deaf ears.apart from keepin shed door shut 24/7 dont know what else to do.:evil: sorry for he rant but its driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could kill the rabbit? Hmmm I am sure its all the bunnies fault isnt it :roll:

no i wouldnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111it was only a figure of speech.god id never harm any animal.just wish it would go away.

Can you explain to her that its starting to upset your bunnies now and that something really must be done? Instead of you fixing her hutch for her can you advise her on how it can be done etc - maybe she could come and have a look at yours?

I feel sorry for the bun to be honest, like Birdiebun has said if it keeps getting out and running about theres a high chance it could be taken by a fox, or killed another way. It sounds like it just wants some company and to play with your buns :( :(

Poor thing, really hope it doesnt have myxi - can you have a chat with her about this as well?

birdiebun why r u bein like that?i dont want it to get hurt at all!:evil: if it carrys on running the streets it will get run over but she said she cant keep him locked in.hes a lovely rabbit.so friendly.she has 2 other rabbits so he cant be that lonely.

Can't you secure your garden so it doesn't get in? Or take the bun to the RSPCA and say you found it as a stray.

i also feel sorry for him.he isnt a pest its just i cant afford for him to keep eating my hutch!i love all animals.cant even hurt a fly so i would never hurt a rabbit.cheeky sod is rolling in the run n doin binkys!:lol: cant stay mad at him.its his owners fault for letting him be out.

he runs up my drive n goes under my fence.its secure every other way apart from the gate by my alleyway.

Is there nothing you could put inside the gate, like some heavy boxes or bricks? Or do you have to go through that gate a lot?
If the bunny manages to run onto the road, I would definitely call the RSPCA. It could be run over, stolen, attacked by a dog or fox, etc. etc.. A rabbit is not a cat.

he runs up my drive n goes under my fence.its secure every other way apart from the gate by my alleyway.

But does that mean that if your rabbit go out of his run he could escape from your garden?

I'd definately say to the neighbour that if the rabbit came into my garden again I would be taking it to the nearest rescue - might make her take some responsibility for her rabbit, although it sounds like things would be better for the poor bun if it was taken to a rescue.

ive just mauled an old door from up the top of the garden n put that across.yes we use the gate alot.only access to back garden.thumper has never gone near the gate before.im not saying he wont.did his run last night n its 100% escape proof.if he comes near my garden again im calling the rspca because if he gets run over then ill feel guilty.

Or take the bun to the RSPCA and say you found it as a stray.

I'd do that, right or wrongly. The poor thing is going to get eaten by a fox or something as worse if its just left to run loose all the time.

They obviously don't give a flip about what happens to it... :censored:

Back