• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pls help(toilet training)and foods)

kathizzy

New Kit
Hi my rabbit is settling in well,but im struggling to get him to use a litter tray out of the hutch.He will be about 4 and half months old,is he to old to be litter trained? He does pee in a tray in his hutch,but poo's and pees everywere out of the hutch.Any tips greatly appreciated.
Also he's started knawing at the inside of his hutch,does anyone know how i stop him doing this? Ive bought him toys and wood things for him to knaw on, bit he seems to prefer to trash his house.
When he's out of the hutch he plucks at my carpet with his teeth,im not bothered about the carpet,but i am worried that it may harm him,does any1 elses rabbits do this?
Can rabbits have oranges,any types of squashes(butternut,summer)
Thankyou for all your help:D

Hello!

What do you have in his litter tray? Do you put hay in there? They very much enjoy eating as they go :roll: :oops: and it's more enticing for them to sit in there.

Make sure when he does poo to pick it up and put it in the tray, when he wees soak it up in a tissue and pop that in there too, not too much tissue incase he eats it.

Try to distract his attention when he starts chewing the cage and when he chews the carpet. If it doesn't work there's no harm in clapping loudly or shouting no (not too loud!)

Not sure about the food question I'm afraid, sure someone else will know! :D

Hi,thanks for your reply. I have sawdust in the litter tray,i also put a bit of straw in to help soak the wee up, but i can put some hay in if it will help,ill sure give it a try.:wave:

Back