• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter tray for 3?

Miloe's_Mum

Alpha Buck
What do people use for 3 + bunnies?

The ferplast trio just about fits 2 and storage boxes you have to make sure all can jump in! :shock:

Any ideas and photos would be much appreciated

dont have pics but was in PAH the other day in their cat section they had trays with removable gaurd bit round the edge in different sizes and the biggest one was huuge! might be worth a look :D i think some people use the under bed stoarage boxes which are shallower too

base of a large guinea pig cage if you can get hold of one - i use one for our Lola and it would easily fit another frenchie in as well.

I use a large shallow trug. They can be bought from garden centres etc. Plenty of room for three buns and loads of hay :lol:

I use several trays, as although my rabbits live together there is definitely some bullying, and if I used just one litter tray an 'underrabbit' wouldn't use it if an 'overbun' was too close. I have the same number of litter trays as rabbits, most in different corners of the room.

My buns are using a storage box at the moment and can jump in fine BUT because I'm a big softie I've also got one of those wooden log bridge things as a ramp in which even big Barney seems to enjoy using.

Ages ago I bought a large tray from Lakeland Plastics for cleaning oven racks (might have used it once!!!!!). :lol:

It now has a new lease of life as a litter tray for three indoor buns. Newspapers are a perfect fit in the bottom!

If you have a carboot sale or similar near you - there are always baby baths for sale there! Thats what i use for mine and they love it! We got baths for between 50pence and £2. As they are so cheap (and they do last long) they are easily replaced. There are different size ones so am sure you would get one that all three could fit in!

I use the base of an guinea pig cage too... could easily fit three in the one I have... well if Isabelle didn't mind:lol:

I use 2' piggie cage bottoms - 2 of them side by side to create one massive eating and pooping station - which Petunia decided to dig out all over the shed floor today - bless :D

Wilkinsons have got the plastic dog beds for £5 - middle size nearly 2ft accross.

I'm trying it with my two who have completely ignored the ordinary litter trays and are using the whole of the sleeping compartment as their toilet - perhaps they're shy and like to be in private! Still, the run is spotless :D .

I've removed the little litter trays and popped the dog bed in the sleeping area. Think I'm winning.

Ive used baby baths too - looked round the charity shops for them. Its brillent deep enuff so the litter doesnt fall out and i hide it behind the arm chair so no-one sees it. I acutally think they enjoy jumping in and out of it sometimes....lol

I got mine some underbed storage boxes, they arent much deeper than a normal litter tray and my lot fit in them easily! Bought them all from Wilkinsons :D

i have a couple of ferplast trios and a hibac one..rule of thumb is one tray per bun and one spare...but bertie still tries the small tray as does willow..but really its bifs n bandits.
i looked at the dog beds in wilkies but like the ones in the et shops..they are full of holes!! how do you stop the wee flooding through?

well a ferplast trio has bene mistaken for a baby bath many many times..similar size and shape so why not..wishd bertie would rember to turn lengthways when hes desperate and jumps in..hes started peeing over the sides again!

i use large washing up bowls but a couple of them at different sides of the cage. i have used a dog bed before but they lie out in it and even though the litter trays are changed often id rather them just'sit' (yes i did say 'sit' ! lol) in the trays rather than lie in them. i get annoyed with how often i have to buy new litter trays especially as we like to be 'green'. i find that thick, quality washing up bowls last ages and will take a lot of scrubbing without being weakened.:)

Back