• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

erm... rabbit privates??UD: OMG I'm 99% sure she's a boy.....!

LittleBunniesRock

Warren Scout
Was taking a once over of little bun today and was prodding around her private areas. Was wondering if anyone had any pics of an unspayed female's privates on hand? This is an odd request but her "bits" looked like a swollen cone, almost... hard to describe. you know when you roll a tiny bit of bread-dough together into a little snake or something? it looked a bit like that, only stuck between her legs- about 1/2 an inch long, i'd say, maybe 1/2 cm in diameter. (pointing towards her tail) I am going to get her spayed at 6 mos, but she has another few weeks to go yet. I dont think this is normal, but am not sure. Does anyone recognize this? is this serious cause for worry, or can it wait 3-4 more weeks when I get her done? I don't want to get stressed about a harmless bit of skin, but don't want something harmful to go un-treated!!! (sorry i've no pics on hand!) :? :? :?

Last edited:
I was searching for that one, but forgot what it was called, thanks!!

It doesn't look anything like that at all... it's weird. if her head is by your tummy with legs closer to your knees (on your lap lol), the erm, opening, looks like it's "moved" to the left, and theres this blob in the middle where things should be. They aren't like male bits I don't believe, but....??? please help!!!!!

erm....:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

i'm not sure, but there may be 2 of these, sausage shaped bits of skin... on either side.....

:oops: :oops:

maybe pics of unspayed males should be posted too????

:shock: :oops: :? :?

i know... i know...

sorry... still in a bit of aftershock.

:lol: :lol: he's nearly 6 mos old and his mum just figured it out now that he's not a she... what a mum I am :lol: :lol: At least we didn't take "her" to the vet to get spayed :lol: :oops: :oops:

i know... i know...

sorry... still in a bit of aftershock.

:lol: :lol: he's nearly 6 mos old and his mum just figured it out now that he's not a she... what a mum I am :lol: :lol: At least we didn't take "her" to the vet to get spayed :lol: :oops: :oops:

Fortunately you hadnt got this bun and 'her' sister living together ;)

nope but we have had this bun and who i suspect may be "her" "brother" living together (not from the same litter, though :? ) for the past 4-5 mos... no major probs, though... maybe they're gay??? :lol: ;)

Fingers crossed "she" is a he then cos if "she" has been living with her brother, and he's not neutered, and 5months old it is highly likely "she" would be pregnant :?

nope but we have had this bun and who i suspect may be "her" "brother" living together (not from the same litter, though :? ) for the past 4-5 mos... no major probs, though... maybe they're gay??? :lol: ;)

Wow lets hope the bun is a he :shock: Sounds like it though - 'she' would most def be pregnant by now or had a litter.
Why were they living together if you thought the bun was a she?

Why were they living together if you thought the bun was a she?

My point only made more to the point! :?:

And just to add this is not meant to be another "have a pop at breeders" thread. Any good breeder on here will agree it's not right to be breeding from rabbits so young you can't yet be sure of their sex. :?

Last edited:
Back