PDA

View Full Version : Bunny's Weepy eye...

Custardpowder
31-10-2007, 08:23 PM
HI all
Flower has a weepy eye, I noticed it looking damp last night but it was so little it was possible that it had been caused by a drip from her water bottle.
Tonight its looking much worse. Ive made an appt for tomorrow with the vet. Is there anything I can do for tonight or is it best left alone?

Ta in advance:)

Kipper
31-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Try bathing it with salty water thats been previously boiled & allowed to cool down. Wipe it with a cotton pad from the inside of the eye outwards. Good luck & let us know how she gets on at the Vets

Gummi Bear
01-11-2007, 12:06 AM
stew had this, just out of the blue it went really red n weepy! :( i think its fairly common though

i was in the same boat n cudnt get to the vets until the next day so boiled the kettle, got a clean cup, put a little bit of salt n the water in and let it cool. when it was cool enough i go lots of clean cotton pads (like the ones u use for taking off make up) and dipped the pads in then used them only once to wipe at his eye (moving from the front to the back cos u dont want to push any infection into the tear duct) and that seemed to help a bit.

when i took him to the vets they checked it wasnt his teeth causing it, gave me some antibiotics to give him daily at home and some drops and it cleared up quite quick, came to bout 25 in total so wasnt the huge vets bill i had braced myself for!! lol :D

bunny babe
01-11-2007, 09:25 PM
I agree, just wipe it with some clean water and cotton wool pads. Make sure that the vet checks the teeth thoroughly.

Hopefully it will just be a little infection that can be cleared up with some drops.

Custardpowder
01-11-2007, 09:54 PM
I bathed it as you suggested and its much better today so I cancelled the vet( because im too ill to actually take her at the mo!) and will keep an eye on it. It didnt look at all weepy this morning nor tonight but I cleaned it anyway.