• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two 7 weeks old buns bought from a breeder**Update** on pg2

hunnybun

Mama Doe
Two little baby buns bought at 7 weeks old!! and 1 week later they don't want them! so are coming to my rescue on Friday!!!!!!!:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Last edited:
:shock: OMG! There's no words to discribe what I think!

The only positive thing I can think of is at least they didn't just keep them for the sake of it and negected them in a tiny hutch. And if they are different sexes it's a good job they didn't keep them longer, it seems some bad breeders are as bad as petshops at 'correctly' sexing a pair of rabbits.

oh my i cant even believe that someone can get bored of them that quickly how horriable and they were sold at 7wks i do hope this wasnt a brc breeder! they can be banned from the brc if it was!

Is the Breeder a BRC member?
If so a note to the secretary of the BRC might not go amiss.
Selling 7 week old kits indeed.................:evil: :evil:
Then buyers getting fed up with them after a week :roll: :roll:

Janex

have they got rings on or has the lady got any proof they may of come from a brc breeder if so please do report them, this is wot we do not need in the brc!

Jeez. :shock:
Not sure if that's the worst...or someone who brought in a family of cats (mother cat with "kittens" at 5 months and one litter at 2 weeks:shock: ) to be put to sleep because she was moving!:shock:
Couldn't the breeder take the kits back? I made a deal with Aroma's breeder where one of the points was that she would have first right to take her back if for some reason I couldn't keep her anymore, know a lot of breeders on other animals do this as well.

Jeez. :shock:
Not sure if that's the worst...or someone who brought in a family of cats (mother cat with "kittens" at 5 months and one litter at 2 weeks:shock: ) to be put to sleep because she was moving!:shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: I assume they werent put to sleep?
Poor things :(

:shock: Thats apalling.

I had a 12 weeks old....that was four weeks in her new home :cry:

Apparently she was 'mental'....seemed fine to me.

:shock: Thats apalling.

I had a 12 weeks old....that was four weeks in her new home :cry:

Apparently she was 'mental'....seemed fine to me.

My 12-week old doe acted "mental" when I got her.
Pretty much normal youngster-behavior:roll:
I call that bad research.

It's so sad that these babies have had such a bad start :censored: Can't believe people can get a pet and then tire of it in just a week :censored:

Hope you manage to find them loving, permanent homes x

That is a pathetic excuse more like once they got them home and realised how much it can cost changed their minds. I cant believe how people act like that but then it pretty much is like that for cats, dogs .....the list is endless even children! You have to question peoples motives in the first place. I got sold a sick rabbit but no way was I giving up on him and swapping him for another I guess everyone isnt as compassionate as some of us!

Well I have spoken to the women who has them and she said she was given them up because her wee boy has been ill ever since she got them!! she thought he rabbits were to blame, I told her it was very unlikely that the rabbits would be the cause of her sons illness. So she took him to the doctor and he has some kind of infection! but not from the rabbits.

She had gotten into a panic about it :shock:

I had a long chat with her and she is going to keep the babies after all :) I am sending her my rabbit info brochure and gave her loads of advice and told her she can call me anytime if she needs helps or is worried about anything! I told her all about diet and vaccines etc..and to get them a bigger cage in a few weeks too. I think she will be okay with them now. :)

Now I have 2 nine week olds coming today! someone let their rabbits breed so the children could see baby rabbits!!!!!!!!!!!! she has two left she is unable to home!! :evil:

Back