• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really worried about Jen :(

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
What a night we've had. Went out last night to find Jen really attacking Rhia, so took her out of the hutch & she started what I can only describe as fitting(?) but not a psychological fit...if that makes sense. Have no idea how to explain what was happening, possibly the best word to use is convulsing :cry: Brought her indoors and after doing it for a while, she just lay down and stopped. The odd sneeze/retch every few minutes. I took her up to bed with me, and she was fine most of the night. Except for her nose is absolutely streaming & her face was covered in snot (sorry!), as were her paws. Had to keep wiping them for her. This morning you cant tell theres anything wronng! Zoey isnt working today, so I have to decide whether to take her to a vet i really do not think should be allowed to treat rabbits, or wait until tomorrow?? I need to know whats wrong with my little girl, Im so so worried. She was so distressed :cry: Becki Xx

*Most of you probably wondering why she didnt go to emergency vets - She calmed down once she lay down & started breathing properly, we were fully intending to take her but lifting her/putting her in the pet carrier stressed her immensly & it started happening again, which is when I took her to bed & layed her on me. Possibly or possibly not the right thing to do...I dont know*

Could she have had some hay or something up her nose. What colour was the snot. I know when mine are suffering with the snuffles it is whit/pus coloured.

Could she have had some hay or something up her nose. What colour was the snot. I know when mine are suffering with the snuffles it is whit/pus coloured.

I dont think its hay as she's had a slightly snotty nose for a long time (Been to vets for it numerous times), the snot is clear & quite thick (again, sorry!) Xx

I would get her to a Vet today Becki. Sounds as though she needs to go back on abx

Personally I would seperate the girls permanently. Stress exacerbates Snuffles and it sounds as though Jen is getting lots of stress from Rhia.
I do hope Jen will improve once on treatment.
Good Luck

Janex

I would get her to a Vet today Becki. Sounds as though she needs to go back on abx

Personally I would seperate the girls permanently. Stress exacerbates Snuffles and it sounds as though Jen is getting lots of stress from Rhia.
I do hope Jen will improve once on treatment.
Good Luck

Janex

Thanks Jane, Jen doesnt get any stress from Rhia at all. She's an angel & doesnt retaliate at all. I did seperate them last night but they seem very glad to be back together now. Rhias in for her spey tomorrow anyway (more stress eh?) so will probably split them then. Is there any abx I can actually tell him I want? He'll give me baytril (she has had this over & over for so many things & its not touched any of them) Xx

Thanks Jane, Jen doesnt get any stress from Rhia at all. She's an angel & doesnt retaliate at all. I did seperate them last night but they seem very glad to be back together now. Rhias in for her spey tomorrow anyway (more stress eh?) so will probably split them then. Is there any abx I can actually tell him I want? He'll give me baytril (she has had this over & over for so many things & its not touched any of them) Xx

My Vet also uses Septrin for respiratory tract infections. You could ask the Vet about trying that.

Janex

I would take her to a bunny savvy vet as soon as possible Becki. Sending lots of vibes for Jen :D

Back