PDA

View Full Version : Fluff is a Killer!

elve
31-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Look at this lovely snuggly ball of fluff - looks innocent? :? Imagine if she or her bonded buddy had swallowed it :shock: I can't believe how much is falling out of Maa at the moment :shock: This is from 10 mins with damp hands :shock:

I would guess this is why grooming is so important in rabbit hierarchy - as in the wild with no damp-handed ladies around, the 'bottom of the heap' bunny would be forced to eat all this from grooming the others :( No wonder it's so important for a rabbit to get to the top of the pecking order :?

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/elve2362/hairy.jpg

mullethead
31-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Now thats some fur:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jack's-Jane
31-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Crikey, you could make another little Maa out of that fur !!

Even Rexy moults can be quite spectacular at times and I really wouldn't want anyBun to ingest what comes off

Janex

sparklefairy
31-10-2007, 12:59 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: and I thought Storm was a fur monster :shock:

Thea & Bobbin
31-10-2007, 02:24 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: My goodness!!

That's incredible. Does she sit there for the whole 10 mins while you do it, or is it a case of catching her and doing a bit, catching her and doing a bit more?! :lol:

I know that if I was a rabbit, I would be scurrying up that pecking order without a doubt! Poor wee bunnies :?

feeling_the_wrath_already
31-10-2007, 02:27 PM
That's a crazy amount of fur!

Though I have to admit, I did initially think that 'Fluff' was the name of your rabbit :lol:

Tamsin
31-10-2007, 02:28 PM
That's truely impressive! I thought it was one of the guinea pigs for a minute :lol:

The bottom bunny wouldn't groom the entire colony ;) I guess in the wild their coat drops out better as they brush through warrens/hedges etc. Plus the amount of fibre must keep things moving too.

Tam

elve
31-10-2007, 02:31 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: My goodness!!

That's incredible. Does she sit there for the whole 10 mins while you do it, or is it a case of catching her and doing a bit, catching her and doing a bit more?! :lol:

I know that if I was a rabbit, I would be scurrying up that pecking order without a doubt! Poor wee bunnies :?

She adores being stroked so it's easy to groom her with damp hands - I'm sure if she saw a brush she'd be off up the patio stamping her foot :lol: She didn't even mind being 'plucked' around her back end - I think she was relieved to get rid of it - it must itch like mad - she only started yesterday and at this rate she'll be bald when we have another frost :roll: