• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit question

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
I have a 10 week old boy, who obviously hasn't been neutered because he is to young, I was wondering would it be ok to put a speyed female in with him, or is it best to wait until he is a bit older and has been neutered as well? Thanks
Sallyx

Hi, They say it's best to wait till the bun has been neteured until you get him a mate. Good luck with the future bonding! A great book you can buy, is Living with an urban house rabbit. :)

Totally agree with what has been said, if you put him in now he will pester the female who is more than likely to fight back to 'deter' him.

Once your boy has been neutered for 2 weeks, you may be able to pair the two up, if he is too frisky leave him for another 2 weeks after this.

Good luck with the bonding! They say you should wait a while after because (I'm not sure exactly how...)but the male hormones stay in the body for a few weeks. :?

Sarie xx

Back