• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hubby Saved Bun The Other Night

baileydonut

Alpha Buck
With one thing and another I forgot to tell you all this. Rich was driving home from work the other day along the A444. He said cars were slowing down and swerving. He then noticed on the other side of the road a bunny sat in the middle. He drove a little further down and pulled over. He then ran back towards the bun. He said it was as though it was frozen in fear - he couldn't see any obvious injuries etc. Thankfully, as he got closer to it, it jumped out of the road and into the hedgerow. What a big softy he is! He was really chuffed with himself.

With one thing and another I forgot to tell you all this. Rich was driving home from work the other day along the A444. He said cars were slowing down and swerving. He then noticed on the other side of the road a bunny sat in the middle. He drove a little further down and pulled over. He then ran back towards the bun. He said it was as though it was frozen in fear - he couldn't see any obvious injuries etc. Thankfully, as he got closer to it, it jumped out of the road and into the hedgerow. What a big softy he is! He was really chuffed with himself.

awww well done your hubby:D
Sallyx

My fiancé has turned into a right softie since we've had Evo. He's a digger driver and I'm always getting stories of how he's saved voles, frogs etc and what bunnies he's seen, if his customers have pets etc. :D

He is certainly my hero!

He even got annoyed the other day when a woman he works with said her husband was going to buy a rabbit for their son. Apparently he wanted one to call Fluffy. Whilst the woman wasn't keen, her husband was. She was telling Rich on the basis that we could have the rabbit when her son got fed up!!!! :censored: :censored:

Needless to say Rich told her its not just buying the rabbit, its the living accommodation, food, vets bills, time involved, vaccinations etc, etc.

I don't she believed him, and went to a pet shop over the weekend. She was horrified to find out that just a very very basic set up would cost £100.

Thankfully, they didn't buy one.

He is certainly my hero!

He even got annoyed the other day when a woman he works with said her husband was going to buy a rabbit for their son. Apparently he wanted one to call Fluffy. Whilst the woman wasn't keen, her husband was. She was telling Rich on the basis that we could have the rabbit when her son got fed up!!!! :censored: :censored:

Needless to say Rich told her its not just buying the rabbit, its the living accommodation, food, vets bills, time involved, vaccinations etc, etc.

I don't she believed him, and went to a pet shop over the weekend. She was horrified to find out that just a very very basic set up would cost £100.

Thankfully, they didn't buy one.

Thats brilliant. If only everybody would have this pointed out to them.
incidently that story reminds me of when I was driving home on my own one night and there was a duck sat in the middle of the road. I pulled up and phoned my then boyfriend in hysterics telling him it would get run over but I didn't know what to do (it was years ago, I'd just get in with it now!) anyway I finally plucked up the courage to get out of the car and as soon as I did it stood up and just waddled off. It was quite surreal really because it was in an urban area and I don't think there are any ponds around there.

Back