• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What should I do???

Gingypig

Alpha Buck
It's a bit of a long story...

I had a friend (a relatively new one) where i keep my horses, we were getting along great so when 2 of my baby guinea pigs were old enough I decided she could have them as she wanted some when she moved into her new house. So she had Nev and Otis. All was well until she got her knickers in a twist about people talking at the yard. (it got back to her that i had said something about her horse which i had already said to her and was only trying to help) so now she is not talking to me... She said she doesn't like all the bitchiness and backstabing!?! which unfortunately the yard is just like and you have to get over it!

I tried to make up with her but she is still not talking to me.

Anyway so the problem lies with Nev and Otis the guineas, she knows I only allowed her to have them cause i would always be able to go and see them (as we were friends) but now i can't!

And after losing Leonard i just can't cope with not being able to see them (Nev is special named after my brother and Otis is Leonard's son!!)

I also gave her a hutch which I'm not too pleased about now!

I am tempted to ask for the pigs and hutch back (she can go and buy some poorly bred ones for a lot of money rather than have my beautiful babies for free!!!!)

:shock: :? Help!!

Hi,

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that, this situation with friends can be very difficult. I'd advise to tread carefully, you can't really ask for the hutch/pigs back after this time. I also had a similar experience, I gave a friend some rats & the cage but later she was a complete ***** to me. I think we just have to learn by experience ;-)

If I were you, I'd just try and make up and explain to her that even though you are sorry to upset her, you really would like to see the guinea pigs as they were very special to you (like exactly what you have explained in your post).

Although, don't make it sound like it's just about the guinea pigs.

Good ! Sarie xx

Hi,

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that, this situation with friends can be very difficult. I'd advise to tread carefully, you can't really ask for the hutch/pigs back after this time. I also had a similar experience, I gave a friend some rats & the cage but later she was a complete ***** to me. I think we just have to learn by experience ;-)

If I were you, I'd just try and make up and explain to her that even though you are sorry to upset her, you really would like to see the guinea pigs as they were very special to you (like exactly what you have explained in your post).

Although, don't make it sound like it's just about the guinea pigs.

Good ! Sarie xx

I completely agree
Sallyx

Back