• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone Heard Of Soft Seed Hay????????

mullethead

Mama Doe
Can the buns have this,ive just found a farm where they sell meadow and soft seed hay for £5 a bale can they have soft seed hay it looks good ?

Last edited:
I don't know what it is sorry......if i is grass then it's probably OK, it is just the legume alfafa that you need to watch out for.

Yes they will be fine with that, I get a dust free packed seed hay from a horse shop which my guineas and buns both love. Seed hay is guarenteed what varieties of grass it is (grown from seed) where as meadow hay can contain anything that will grow in the meadow which is also ok and adds variety!

xxx

Just done the research and found out this is good so it looks like a bale of that and a bale of meadow and for £5 i cant moan as it looks good gear:D

Yes they will be fine with that, I get a dust free packed seed hay from a horse shop which my guineas and buns both love. Seed hay is guarenteed what varieties of grass it is (grown from seed) where as meadow hay can contain anything that will grow in the meadow which is also ok and adds variety!

xxx

I guess you know with having horses yeah:D

Back