• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

litter training

emandden

Young Bun
ok how do i do litter training.ive read that you keep moving the tray to wherever they poo but my bunny does it all over the place!!!!and what should i do when she comes out to run round indoors as she literally poos on the run!!!please dont tell me i have to run round after her with the litter tray at the ready:lol: :lol:

ok nobodys answered so will bump it up a bit!!!also could someone give me advise on getting bunny used to being held.she is fine with jumping on your lap for a cuddle but goes mad if you hold her.should i persevere or will it make her more scared if i hold her when she hates it.need to get this sorted before nails need trimming!!!!

hiya, i cant seem to train my bunny either he hops nd poos hops nd poos :lol: i usally end up chasing him around the house picking up hunderds of poos

Hiya

While they are still babies they seem to poo all over the shop (I guess you mean your wild baby bun?). Netttle is still pooing and weeing all over the place which is doing my head in! Wobbles did it too but then he started refining it to an area so i put a litter tray and then he started to use that apart from the odd poo.

Re: being held with both wild buns I've had I have just picked them up a got them used to being held. Buns never love being held as they are prey animals but can get used to it so they don't freak out when you do it. By the time Wobbles was 4/5 months old he was happy with it and I could pick him up and give him nose kisses and carry him around and he was fine. I am hoping for the same with Nettle - he/she struggles a bit sometimes and at others is fiine - i just do frequent quick pick ups and a little kiss then put him/her back down and stroke her or give him some food so he can see being picked up isn't too bad.

Last edited:
Back