• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter training... again??!?

Gingypig

Alpha Buck
Hi :wave:

Well Henry was so good at using his litter tray, he almost never poo'd anywhere else... till Humphrey came along!!!

Now they both poo everywhere. Humphrey just goes where he is, he wee's in the litter tray and Henry does too and some poo's but when i get home at night, their run is covered!! (they are indoor buns in a huge run in the front room with 4 litter trays).

What should I do to encourage them to use the litter trays or will Humphrey never use one?!?!

xxx

:wave: I have been having a similar problem although mine have noth been pooing in the same spot. Barney was 100% perfect until Nettle arrived. I have been picking the poos up asap and putting them in the litter tray so that the other one doesn't then come along and do poos there coz the other one has which is working atm. I think it is a territory thing. At the moment they sleep separately so are only out together when i am at home but will be in together shortly so i think i am going to have the same prob as you as I wil be at work all day too to come home to poos everywhere!:shock:

I have the same problem! My lad used his litter tray straight away, although sometimes there was poo in the hutch, no where near what there is now we have two buns. it is just everywhere. They do use the trays, but do tend to go else where too. Its not as if one gets full so they go elsewhere as there are three in there (its a VERY big hutch)

Phew, glad it's not only me!

A friend of mine's vet told her that if you put 2 buns together one will adopt the habits of the other... unfortunately i think it's the good one adopting the bad ones habits!!

:shock: what to do!!?? :shock:

Back