• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just found some bumps on Tarquin U/D Tue

Becca6

Mama Doe
Assuming they must be from when he and Bella had their unplanned meeting a few weeks ago.

He's fine - as lively as ever - currently racing round the bedroom at mad speeds.

Would a bite still be there a few weeks later? At the time I checked him thoroughly and didn't find anything but feel rotten now that I must have missed it.

Poor little love - looks like it's in the same spot he got bitten during his failed bonding with Bell - though not sure if it's on the same side :-(

Rebec

Last edited:
Are they scabs or are they like hard round lumps?

It's more like a line and the fur along it looks like it's going to come out. Does that make sense? When I first felt it it felt like two lumps but when I looked more closely it didn't look like that. Hard to describe. No blood or obvious scabbing but the fight they had was around three weeks ago. It's on his shoulder.

Rebec

Scabs are no problem but if the skin surface underneath is raised he will need some antibiotics and possible the wound flushed out.

Scabs are no problem but if the skin surface underneath is raised he will need some antibiotics and possible the wound flushed out.

Doesn't feel inflamed or anything and it's not red. Is an abscess a definite lump?

Will check it in the morning.

Awww I hope the little man's going to be OK :( They often do get an abscess on the site of an old wound, and they can live with abscesses OK, but they do sometimes 'seed' new abscesses nearby, so it's best to get it treated if that's what it is. It might just be scar tissue?

I've thoroughly checked him this morning and in daylight it definitely looks like a scab. The skin around it and under it seems normal and though the scab is raised the skin underneath looks and feels normal.

He put up with a lot of prodding and poking without showing any sign of distress or pain, so hopefully it's a bite from his fight with Bella that is healing normally. Will keep checking it and take him to the vet if it changes.

He's been even more lively and adventurous than usual over the last couple of weeks (autumn fever?!) - if it was an abscess developing would that have been happening?

Rebec

It sounds fine to me.

Just keep an eye on it I think.

Phew. That's what I thought but nice to have confirmation. Don't know how I missed it all this time - it's obviously not new - and I really did check him thoroughly after his spat. It's not like I never touch him - think he sometimes gets fed up of all the stroking he gets when he comes on the bed - so it's weird I've only just spotted it.

Will check it again tonight but hopefully it's all OK.

Thanks for all the advice.

Rebec :)

I've thoroughly checked him this morning and in daylight it definitely looks like a scab. The skin around it and under it seems normal and though the scab is raised the skin underneath looks and feels normal.

If the scab is raised then this could be the fur regrowth pushing it off - you'll find out in a few days when it drops off!

Back