• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Caramel's Nodule Has Come Off!!!

catswhiskas

Warren Veteran
Just ogt in from owrk and was looking at Caramel and giving her loves and I thought "something looks differnet". As she is still very snuffly I am always examining her nose and then it twigged, her big nodule has come off! Finally after 4 and a half weeks! And from what I can see, it hasn't scarred!!!!! Woo Hoo!

Well we gotta kick these snuffles now. I was sure it would scar you know. Will try get a pic tomorrow when there is better light. My baby girl. Do you think I should be overly concerned that she isn't eating hay or pellets at this stage. The veg seems to be keeping her gut going.

Have you tried her with some different hays to encourage her? I got my non hay eating buns onto hay by feeding Brome hay from bunny basics. They now eat all kinds of hay.

Great news!!!
I was looking for info on her, couldn't find her topic... finaly found the news by looking at your profile and look nat your posts... God this forum is busy...

Have you tried her with some different hays to encourage her? I got my non hay eating buns onto hay by feeding Brome hay from bunny basics. They now eat all kinds of hay.

Ooooh don't say Bunny basics to me :evil:

She ison Timothy Hay with herbs atmo, will try something else. Good thinking!

It's so good to hear that the nodule has fallen off. If she's still snuffly it may be that chewing for a long time - hay and nuggets take longer to chew - makes her short of breath, she may be part breathing through her mouth.

that's great news:wave:

jessie's had hers 6 weeks and a day and no sign of the huge monstrosity(sp) coming off yet!!!:(

Maybe try some Bunny Basics T pellets as they smell yummy and if she likes Timothy Hay thats what they are :D

Is she eating any herbs? Mine go mad for all herbs, basil, thyme, mint, corander, lavender and rosemary are favourites :D

Maybe try some Bunny Basics T pellets as they smell yummy and if she likes Timothy Hay thats what they are :D

Is she eating any herbs? Mine go mad for all herbs, basil, thyme, mint, corander, lavender and rosemary are favourites :D

I refuse to buy from Bunny basics :evil: :evil: :evil:

She is eating lots of thyme!

Back