• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

toilet habits...a few questions

kelzuna

Warren Scout
Liquorice is welll litter trained and has been for a good few months.

We have a 50cm x 50cm piece of carpet with his litter trays on just incase he decides he fancies going on our cream carpet hehehe which has been known!

1) Anyway, he has stated dropping A LOT around his litter tray on the carpet piece NEVER on the cream normal carpet....why is this??? He is going in litter tray too and has lots of time on grass.

2) For his first few months with us he always had wee's and poo's in his hutch in one corner so i started to but litter tray there....fine for months and then lately (maybe 2months or so) he will not do any business in his hutch. Littter tray, no litter tray...he will not do it!! As soon as he is let out of his hutch on a morning he runs straight up to his litter tray and goes!

I assume this is because he doesnt want to 'dirty' his sleeping area, but i am worried it will cause him discomfort if he 'keeps it in'. Is this normal?

Normally, toileting outside the tray is marking territory, so it might settle down.

Just keep putting the litter tray in his hutch, if he really needs to go he'll go.;)

I've had this problem and it was solved by putting 2 litter trays in the hutch - so they felt like they had one clean one for hay and to sit in, and another for a toilet. If there's ever a problem with litter training, just squeeze more trays in till they get in the habit again :)

Back