• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding?

foxyfaerie

Mama Doe
I've got a doe, and a buck.

My buck (Nyx) is 5 months old & castrated.

My doe (Lucifer) is 6 1/2 months old & getting spayed next week.

After 2 - 4 weeks I'm going to start bonding them, but I'm using now as the beginning, as Nyx is a lot better with her now he's been castrated.

Tonight I let him out for a play round the front room and, as is normal, he went to see Lucifer; they did the whole "GROOM ME!!" fight, and eventually she gave in a little and groomed his nose & eye.

I know this is progress; so should I keep doing this?

As he can no longer make her pregnant while she was out last night my fiance got Nyx out to sit on his knee. Needless to say that's not where he stayed, and they had a little dominance-humping; but she got a bit moody (and scratchy) so we separated them.

But the grooming, should I continue to let this happen & keep it at this level, or maybe go further? Or is this a good sign for when I do start bonding them properly?

I've got a doe, and a buck.

My buck (Nyx) is 5 months old & castrated.

My doe (Lucifer) is 6 1/2 months old & getting spayed next week.

After 2 - 4 weeks I'm going to start bonding them, but I'm using now as the beginning, as Nyx is a lot better with her now he's been castrated.

Tonight I let him out for a play round the front room and, as is normal, he went to see Lucifer; they did the whole "GROOM ME!!" fight, and eventually she gave in a little and groomed his nose & eye.

I know this is progress; so should I keep doing this?

As he can no longer make her pregnant while she was out last night my fiance got Nyx out to sit on his knee. Needless to say that's not where he stayed, and they had a little dominance-humping; but she got a bit moody (and scratchy) so we separated them.

But the grooming, should I continue to let this happen & keep it at this level, or maybe go further? Or is this a good sign for when I do start bonding them properly?

Personally I would leave them apart until you are able to give a decent amount of time to bonding your bunnies, preferably after she has been neutered for about 2 weeks.

How long has Nyx been neutered?

Back