• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is 15Lbs A Good WEIGHT For A 1year Old Giant Conti And Will She Grow More

sandysan

Warren Scout
My Bunn Is 1 Year Old She Has Had A Few Probs But Hopefully On The Mend She Lost Weight And Now Putting It Back On Thankgoodness

For Any Giant Conti Owners I Was Just Wondering If Over A Stone Is A Good Weight For A 1 Year Old :d

Last edited:
OMT - so that's over 13kg?

This is from the breeders guide to (I presume) average weights for a conti, and how many points they score in shows for their weight:-
"Table of Points for weight 12lbs 40zs (5.5kg) = 8, 14lbs 4ozs (6.5kg) = 9 points, 15lbs 8ozs (7kg and over) = 10 points."

Both of mine are around 1 year and are around the 6.5 - 7kg mark, but I guess it depends on the individual rabbit.

Was the vet happy with her weight, as it is important that she doesn't get too heavy as it can affect their hearts and joints with the strain of carrying any excess.

hi momm

i took belle to vet today she has walking dandruff mites. he has give her an injection and she has to have 3 more 1 a week.
she did loose weight as you know due to muscle waste. but i am glad to say that there is a bit of muscle coming back .
he weighed her today and she was 15lb .he said she was a good weight :D
im wondering her only being 1 year old if she is still growing ????? AND WILL SHE GET ANY BIGGER

Picture036.jpg

Sorry, your first title read 29lb, and I was thinking you might have weighed a small horse by mistake:lol:
15lb is just about right for a giant conti (generally), and she has probably grown as big length wise, but might fill out a little more. If she looks about right then I'd aim to keep her around the weight she is now, as they are better leaner than fatter.:D

Back