• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Walking Dandruff Can Come Out In Humans.belle Has Had Her Check Up

sandysan

Warren Scout
:( I TOOK BELLE TO THE VET TODAY SOME GOOD NEWS SHE HAS PUT ON WEIGHT SHE IS NOW 1STONE 1LB :D AND THE VET CAN FEEL SOME MUSCLE COMING BAK IN HER LEGS

BUT YES SHE HAS MITES:shock: :( WALKING DANDRUFF) APPARENTLY HUMANS CAN GET THIS FROM THEM AS I HAVE A RASH COME OUT ON MYSELF SO IM OFF TO THE VET LOLOL OOOPS DOCTORS.

BELLE HAS TO HAVE 3 COURSES OF INJECTIONS FOR THESE MITES AND TOLD TO DISINFECT HER BED. BUT IT TAKES A COURSE OF INJECTIONS TO GET RID OF THEM

cheyletiella mites can affect humans but they cannot live on you..if you treat the rabbit(which you are doing)the mites will no longer cause you a problem.

usually the areas affected in a human are arms and neck/chest basically bare flesh which bun has been in contact with.

spraying the house with an environmental flea spray will take care of any in the environment,where they can survive for a few days.

hth

Last edited:
YES THATS TRUE ...I HAVE A RASH ON MY CHEST NECK AND BACK NO WHERE ELSE MAY BE DUE TO PICKING HER UP AS SHE IS A GIANT BUNN.MY RASH DOES ITCH AND DOC GAVE ME SOME PIRITON SHE ALSO MENTIONED :shock: SCABIES BUT SHE SAID SHE IS NOT SURE .EWWWW I HOPE NOT BUT TO TREAT THAT IS DERBAC M ON ADULTS

I HAVE BOUGHT SOME SPRAY FOR THE HOUSE :shock: COST £13 FROM THE VETS..BUT LEAST IT WILL DO JOB

FOR BELLES INJETION AND THE SPRAY COST ME £35.00 TODAY .BUT SHES WORTH IT :D

Hi Sandysan

Glad the vet sorted out Belle's dandruff and fantastic about her putting on weight.

Back