• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit run ideas needed...

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
... I know I could go by a standard run, but I wondered if anyone has made there own? Pictures please =] Building a big one for Jamie and Sapphire....

xx

Hi,

We made our own. Originally it was going to be 3ft high, then we needed to raise the hutch up to use the underneath as part of the run space so it was going to be 4ft high. Then we needed to find a way to open it up to feed, clean out etc. In the end we made it walk in height, which feels very spacious and we can go in and sit with them! :lol: :lol: We used laths from Wickes, b&q netting and woodstain (the woodstain being cheap and pet friendly was a tip from someone on the forum). Overall it measures 6ft wide and just over 4ft deep (with the bunnies also having access to the 2ft under the hutch - their favourite bit - especially when I'm trying to catch them at bedtime. :lol: It has been made in panels to move (to further up the garden in the summer for shade) and would be easy enough to add extra bits on - OH so pleased with his efforts that he's considering an extra tunnel and run on the lawn. Steps and nightcovers (and rabbits) have been added since this was taken. :)

DSCF2941.jpg

Back