• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Omlet hutches

I wouldn't want them to live in it all the time, but it's good as a shelter. The run is too small in my opinion and they say it's fox proof, foxes can dig, :roll: .

I was just looking at the inside area of the hutch and its tiny! I hate it to honest its all full of gadgets and gizmos but nothing of real benefit to the buns. I mean three in that tiny space.

Your rabbits will be more contented and affectionate in the eglu

Thats a bit of a claim isn't it???!!
Agree..... wonder how they can support such a claim :?

The design is actually awful - insufficient space in the closed area (which is basically a litter tray) and no thermal qualities for keeping the rabbits warm.

the thing is some silly person will look at that advert & think OOO what a lovely colour, I want one, without giving any thought to whether it really is suitable for the rabbit. My Mother wanted one for her buns purely because it looked pretty but after I got on my soapbox about how small it is she cahnged her mind.

I cant believe it costs that much. We were able to get a wendy house and attach a run for our buns for a bit less than that!! How ridiculous

there was a thread on these recently - look what the owner thinks! Her rabbits stay in the run mostly - which can't be great in winter :shock:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=105319&highlight=chickens

My rabbits all have a large, cosy indoor area but all prefer to sit outside in the run come hail, rain, sleet, snow, wind so I don't think that's necessarily a reason in itself.

Having said that I think the eglu is immensely overpriced, nowhere near enough inside space to allow buns the choice to lie stretched out indoors and away from their litter area, and the manner of entry to the run is not conducive to having buns learn to trust you as you have to 'close in' and corner them.

I think its ugly too, It reminds me of a dyson, which in itself isn't bad looking but not in your garden for your buns to live in.

They really do have some claims on there too. I wonder how they can support them.

Back