• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny changing colour

chloaster

Warren Veteran
is this normal??? :? Or did Julia do a swap when she was looking after him for me???? :lol:

Apache when he arrived

CIMG8582.jpg

And now - on the left

CIMG8754.jpg

I have an opal mini lop & he has got more grey as he's got older (he's now 6 months old) so I think it is normal.

Yes its normal they change their fur with the seasons. So in the Summer they are a lighter colour and as winter draws in they go a bit darker. Its their natural camoflage from predators. Darcy has always done this every season...I'm looking forward to watching my new babies colours change! :D

Apache looks so innocent - pics are so deceiving!!:lol: ;)

Rabbits and hares in areas with a lot of snow get white in winter and brown in summer, so that probably is somewhere in all rabbits' genes. My Popsel is an agouti coloured bunny and when he changes his fur, he has a black unibrow moving up his face, looks very funny.

cheeky monkey !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ask yourself WHY I would swap him for another bunny and let you have OTHER bunny :lol: :lol: :lol: Aww seriously hun looks like you have done a grand job getting him in with your lot :D He's a sweetheart really, hope you don't mind but just to make a point here's my fave pic - change in progress :D

CIMG0713.jpg

Last edited:
Rudy goes from a dark grey... to a light grey and has even had lots of ginger when moulting.After his moult, we are always awaiting to see what colour he will be next!! :lol:

Awwww he's so lovely!!!

Bobbin was just a fawn colour when I got him, then gradually the sooty came through, especially on his face where's he's now grown a sooty tash! :lol:

Its happened to me too.

My Netherland Dwarf changes each winter (darker) and back again (light) in spring!

Also I just got a cross breed girl Cleo who is very much like yours and is going much darker.:shock:

Back