• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone got an earless rabbit?

holidayhutch

Warren Veteran
We have just had the most gorgeous little Dutch Girl dropped off here by her owners and the poor little love has no ears. She can still hear and it doesn't bother her at all but it feels so peculiar when you look at her. She has the sweetest temperament, but I keep going to stroke her ears and they aren't there.
Has anyone else got/had an earless rabbit?

Aww.
I bet she does look a bit funny... I s'pose long ears are just one of those things associated with a rabbit...
But at least being earless will make her stand out! ^^

It was amazing how many people looked at them and thought they were guinea pigs! Janice is sure to come up with a photo of them.

She is adorable and it certainly wouldn't put me off, I'm just used to giving tickles behind the ear to the bunnies and yes she does look like a giant guinea pig, will let her settle in properly and will see if I can get a pic cos she really is beautiful. Supermarket products and other Offers This Week will be helpful for everyone.

My bridge bun had no ears, his mum chewed them off when he was a baby. No one else wanted him because of this but I fell in love with him as soon as I saw him :love: One of his ears couldn't drain properly which resulted in a few ops and a lot of vet visits to try & fix this, he was so brave through it all though, was always such a good boy. He was finally given the all clear a week before he died :(

CIMG1528.jpg

I saw a picture of a earless bun once. The owner claimed it was born like that, but other breeders suggested the mother could have eaten them during birth. Animals are weird like that.... also heard of rats that ate the tails of their offspring:shock:

My Bailey has no ears. Causes no problems and still manages to have his myxi jab ok. In fact, we are sure his right ear has grown slightly. Its gone pointy - as can be seen in the pic. His mom, apparently, nibbled them off during cleaning. Here he is ....

Bailey.jpg

Excuse his scruffy appearance, but his winter coat is coming in.

Awww bless him, Bailey's right ear look a bit like a cats ear. As long as it doesnt cause any problems I dont think it would bother me once over the initial shock.:)

Back