PDA

View Full Version : Result: UPDATE ON BELLA!

x-baby-bella-x
28-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Hello :cry:

Sorry if I am sounding childish, its just that I have just discovered something wrong with my Bella!!! You know how she had her first HVD injection this Friday just gone? Well on Saturday it seems she has had some sort of reaction to it as on the top of her neck she has lost some of her fur and it looks all horrible, wet and it had all blood around it :cry: One thing that has got a little better is the blood, it seems Bella has licked most of that away but theres still a little tiny bit there!!! It seems like it is itchy for Bella as she keeps scratching it and licking it. We are going to make an appointment on Monday (tomorrow) as thats when the vets open as its better to be safe then sorry!!! Am I a terrible bunny mummy? :cry: Maybe if I was more careful or didn't make that appointment she wouldn't be like this now!!!

Oh HELP PLEASE!!!

x-baby-bella-x
28-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Bump, bump bump - please I know I worry so much but please!!!

XMissySJx
28-10-2007, 02:15 PM
sounds a strange reaction!poor bella! but even fi she has had a reaction, its still better she got the jab as you wouldnt want to lose her to VHD! dont know what to suggest....just keep an eye on her until tomorro! poor bella! xxxx

x-baby-bella-x
28-10-2007, 02:19 PM
sounds a strange reaction!poor bella! but even fi she has had a reaction, its still better she got the jab as you wouldnt want to lose her to VHD! dont know what to suggest....just keep an eye on her until tomorro! poor bella! xxxx

Hello and thank you to your post! Ok so she has had both of the injections for this year now and this suddenly happens, nothing happened when she had her Myxomatosis one and that was her first ever one :? Should I still continue to bring her out as she seems like her usual self it just looks itchy and horrible :cry:

Toni H
28-10-2007, 02:23 PM
Murray had a reaction like this to his first VHD, the vet gave us some cream and he was fine after a few days. Try not to worry too much, if she seems fine in herself that's a good thing.

Hope that helps. :D

AlisonA
28-10-2007, 02:25 PM
It is quite common for buns to react like this to the VHD vaccination so don't panic that you've done something wrong! As SJ says it's far better that she is vaccinated than not. There are two types of VHD vaccination - one is called cylap and seems to give these types of reactions, and the other is newer and is called lapinject and seems to give less reactions. The only thing is that lapinject is only available in pots which do 5 buns so your vet may only use it if they have several buns to inject that day. It's probably worth asking about using the other type next time her vaccination is due. In the meantime, if you are worried, give your vet a ring for a chat.

sally1974
28-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Hello :cry:

Sorry if I am sounding childish, its just that I have just discovered something wrong with my Bella!!! You know how she had her first HVD injection this Friday just gone? Well on Saturday it seems she has had some sort of reaction to it as on the top of her neck she has lost some of her fur and it looks all horrible, wet and it had all blood around it :cry: One thing that has got a little better is the blood, it seems Bella has licked most of that away but theres still a little tiny bit there!!! It seems like it is itchy for Bella as she keeps scratching it and licking it. We are going to make an appointment on Monday (tomorrow) as thats when the vets open as its better to be safe then sorry!!! Am I a terrible bunny mummy? :cry: Maybe if I was more careful or didn't make that appointment she wouldn't be like this now!!!

Oh HELP PLEASE!!!

you dont sound childish, you have make a good decision by having your rabbit vaccinated, Im sure she will be fine:D
Sallyx

x-baby-bella-x
28-10-2007, 02:42 PM
Murray had a reaction like this to his first VHD, the vet gave us some cream and he was fine after a few days. Try not to worry too much, if she seems fine in herself that's a good thing.

Hope that helps. :D

Ok thanks, should I still make the appointment tomorrow to be on the safe side?

Toni H
28-10-2007, 02:43 PM
Ok thanks, should I still make the appointment tomorrow to be on the safe side?

Yes, they'll give you some cream for the sore spot. Makes it all better!

x-baby-bella-x
28-10-2007, 02:45 PM
It is quite common for buns to react like this to the VHD vaccination so don't panic that you've done something wrong! As SJ says it's far better that she is vaccinated than not. There are two types of VHD vaccination - one is called cylap and seems to give these types of reactions, and the other is newer and is called lapinject and seems to give less reactions. The only thing is that lapinject is only available in pots which do 5 buns so your vet may only use it if they have several buns to inject that day. It's probably worth asking about using the other type next time her vaccination is due. In the meantime, if you are worried, give your vet a ring for a chat.

Oh right, ok. I have called the vets yesterday but there were closed and the woman at the Heanor branch said the only thing was to either wait till Monday and make an appointment or get to the Heanor branch and that'll cose about 75 - 90 with some things she said the person would give Bella. I know its proberbly not the correct choice but we are waiting till Monday, (tomorrow) :?

x-baby-bella-x
28-10-2007, 02:46 PM
you dont sound childish, you have make a good decision by having your rabbit vaccinated, Im sure she will be fine:D
Sallyx

Ok thanks and sorry. Does it mean Bella is vaccinated now as she's had her 2 injections for this year?

x-baby-bella-x
28-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Ok its time for me to come off the computer and let my sister/mum have a go but first should I bother bringing Bella out for love, attention and veggies or what because I don't want to make her feel scared even more she now has something wrong with her neck :? Should I just bring her out and practise picking her up from the table and sofa and up into my chest then back down to the table and sofa and down again and back up, etc, and just not touch her next and just stoke her head and back or what?

XMissySJx
28-10-2007, 03:57 PM
just do what you think is best. if you think she would rather be alone then leave her be, if you think she would like some fuss, then fuss her.trust your own judgement, youl make the right choice.

i dont think your bad for waiting til monday....as long as its not urgent, then its okay. xxxxxxxxxxxx

x-baby-bella-x
30-10-2007, 08:52 PM
just do what you think is best. if you think she would rather be alone then leave her be, if you think she would like some fuss, then fuss her.trust your own judgement, youl make the right choice.

i dont think your bad for waiting til monday....as long as its not urgent, then its okay. xxxxxxxxxxxx

I have made an appointment for Bella on Friday at 4:20, unfoutunatly this is the earlist time they had available due to being booked up. Is this a terrible choice or what? I'll take some photos of her bad neck soon to show you what I could of avoided some how :?

XMissySJx
30-10-2007, 09:56 PM
yeh if i hadnt vaccinated her you could have saved this, but then she could have died from a horrofic disease,...so pick your evils!

I did see some bunny skin cream in a pet shop today, i had a look and it looked okay, cnt remember the brand but it had a yellow label...maybe you could get some of that until the vet appointment?

x-baby-bella-x
30-10-2007, 10:03 PM
yeh if i hadnt vaccinated her you could have saved this, but then she could have died from a horrofic disease,...so pick your evils!

I did see some bunny skin cream in a pet shop today, i had a look and it looked okay, cnt remember the brand but it had a yellow label...maybe you could get some of that until the vet appointment?

Will have a look around, thanks, Missy!

XMissySJx
30-10-2007, 10:09 PM
its like where you get the vitamins and stuff its noas good as vet treatment but could help her in meantime, i used it on peanut when he had flaky skin and it was pretty good! around 3.50 i think.

x-baby-bella-x
30-10-2007, 10:10 PM
its like where you get the vitamins and stuff its noas good as vet treatment but could help her in meantime, i used it on peanut when he had flaky skin and it was pretty good! around 3.50 i think.

Ok thanks. So you don't know what its called?

XMissySJx
30-10-2007, 10:11 PM
here it is

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Johnsons-Small-Animal-Tea-Tree-Skin-Cream_W0QQitemZ220117894494QQihZ012QQcategoryZ6351 3QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

can buy in pet shops too but thats what it looks like

x-baby-bella-x
30-10-2007, 11:01 PM
here it is

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Johnsons-Small-Animal-Tea-Tree-Skin-Cream_W0QQitemZ220117894494QQihZ012QQcategoryZ6351 3QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

can buy in pet shops too but thats what it looks like

Oh yeah, I've seen that somewhere - will have a look around, thanks again, Missy!

Amethyst
31-10-2007, 02:21 AM
I've heard it's quite common for bunnies to react like this to VHD. As long as she's eating, drinking and pooping fine then there's no problem. If the itching is bothering her then some cream like Missy suggested will help soothe it. Please don't worry, the VHD vaccine is very important and you did exactly the right thing getting it done. :thumb:

AMETHYST

x-baby-bella-x
01-11-2007, 10:24 PM
I've heard it's quite common for bunnies to react like this to VHD. As long as she's eating, drinking and pooping fine then there's no problem. If the itching is bothering her then some cream like Missy suggested will help soothe it. Please don't worry, the VHD vaccine is very important and you did exactly the right thing getting it done. :thumb:

AMETHYST

Oh right so Bella isn't the first then? Yeah Bella is eatting, drinking and pooping, I'm still not sure about weeing yet though, will have to check and let you know! I know now I have done the right thing getting the HVD injection done, but how can it be good when Bella has had a reaction to it like this :cry:

x-baby-bella-x
02-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Update.

Mum cancelled the check up!!! She said Bella is looking alright and that it doesn't seem to be bothering her, also we don't have any money to go with and it looks like its getting better!!! To me, personally, I think it needs some treatment or something as Bella is the first bunny rabbit I have ever had and I don't want to lose her for some stupid infection/reaction my mum wouldn't go to the vets with us for!!! What am I supposed to do, the sooner we get Bella to the vets to get this cleared up the better!!! I have asked the man in the pet shop and he does sell Tea Tree Skin Cream at 2.59p or something like that but I don't know whether to get it or not, what should I do if my mum is as stubborn as she is being :cry:

Mitsy Miggins and C Brown
03-11-2007, 12:05 AM
Hi Our Bunny Charlie reacted in the same way,:cry: we went straight back to the vet and he advised us it was a reaction to the carrier in the vaccine. After about 2 weeks it was all cleared up and he's been fine ever since. :D

Amethyst
03-11-2007, 04:19 AM
Oh right so Bella isn't the first then? Yeah Bella is eatting, drinking and pooping, I'm still not sure about weeing yet though, will have to check and let you know! I know now I have done the right thing getting the HVD injection done, but how can it be good when Bella has had a reaction to it like this :cry:

Aw sweetie, the reaction might look serious but believe me it's probably not nearly as bad as it looks. As long as she's eating and drinking and pooping then she should be fine. Also, this is NOTHING compared to what would happen if you had left Bella unvaccinated and she caught VHD - she could well be dead before you even knew she had it. Now she's vaccinated that's a huge worry off your mind. :thumb:

AMETHYST

x-baby-bella-x
03-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Hi Our Bunny Charlie reacted in the same way,:cry: we went straight back to the vet and he advised us it was a reaction to the carrier in the vaccine. After about 2 weeks it was all cleared up and he's been fine ever since. :D

Hello :wave:

Thanks for your post as it made me feel a bit better, thanks again Mitsy Miggins and C Brown :)

x-baby-bella-x
03-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Aw sweetie, the reaction might look serious but believe me it's probably not nearly as bad as it looks. As long as she's eating and drinking and pooping then she should be fine. Also, this is NOTHING compared to what would happen if you had left Bella unvaccinated and she caught VHD - she could well be dead before you even knew she had it. Now she's vaccinated that's a huge worry off your mind. :thumb:

AMETHYST

I know but it looks so serious because Bella is my first ever bunny rabbit and the day I got her I kept saying "Nothing is going to hurt you, ever!" but now it has and is still happening to her :cry: Yes Bella is eating, drinking, pooping and her usual self but why, why my Bella :cry: I know a huge worry is off my mind by Bella has had her injections for this year but if its a good thing, why this then :cry: I knew its all my fault!

greyrabbit
03-11-2007, 07:31 PM
poor bella:cry: :cry: . i hope she will be ok soon. i pray for her:angel: :bunny: :rabbit2: :angel:

x-baby-bella-x
04-11-2007, 04:09 PM
poor bella:cry: :cry: . i hope she will be ok soon. i pray for her:angel: :bunny: :rabbit2: :angel:

Hello and thanks for your help and praying. So do I hope Bella will get better soon and then we can forget about this horrible experience, just one thing that is stopping us from doing that is my mum, because we had no spare money she cancelled the appointment for the vets this Friday just gone, I keep asking her if I can make another appointment when we do have some spare money, but unfoutunatly, she keeps saying no as it is getting better. To me I personally think it is getting worse because it keeps bleeding every now and then and drying up and then bleeding again and drying up and so on :cry:

XMissySJx
04-11-2007, 06:21 PM
when i was in pets at home today i looked at the 'medicine/health' bit...and aswell as that cream they had this powder for 'minor wounds' etc...i think it may help??? it was only 2.99 xxx

i used it when peanut had a little nick on his foot and it worked wonders

Jocelyn
04-11-2007, 09:16 PM
I've got both the wound powder and the tea tree skin cream you're talking about and I've found the actually just make animals itch the site of a wound/scratch/irritaion even more :( I just went back to bathing any minor wounds with mild tepid salt water and then patting dry gently.

x-baby-bella-x
04-11-2007, 09:50 PM
when i was in pets at home today i looked at the 'medicine/health' bit...and aswell as that cream they had this powder for 'minor wounds' etc...i think it may help??? it was only 2.99 xxx

i used it when peanut had a little nick on his foot and it worked wonders

Ive heard they both can make the wound place itch even more? May enquire tomorrow if the vets reccommend them. Bella is on the table as your reading this now and she's itching it like mad, I can't stop her!

x-baby-bella-x
04-11-2007, 09:50 PM
I've got both the wound powder and the tea tree skin cream you're talking about and I've found the actually just make animals itch the site of a wound/scratch/irritaion even more :( I just went back to bathing any minor wounds with mild tepid salt water and then patting dry gently.

Yeah I've heard they both can do that, even on the internet I've read it on I think!

Jocelyn
04-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Yeah I've heard they both can do that, even on the internet I've read it on I think!

I think a lot of animals don't like topical treatments being on their skin, so as soon as it goes on, they want to wash it off again!

x-baby-bella-x
04-11-2007, 11:17 PM
I think a lot of animals don't like topical treatments being on their skin, so as soon as it goes on, they want to wash it off again!

Yeah, but what am I supposed to do to getting Bella to the vets when my mum cancels the appointment :cry:

x-baby-bella-x
06-11-2007, 08:22 PM
UPDATE!!!

Bella has now got an appointment for the vets as a check up tomorrow afternoon at 4:40pm!!! Hopefully my mum won't cancel it this time. Bella is on the table as your reading this now but I'm beginning to lose the confidence that I have in handling her like I do now, I am beginning to feel I am going to drop her and that I know the fact I can't put her down correctly now for some reason :cry: Bella either wriggles so hard she catches me or she wriggles so hard anyway!!! :cry:

x-baby-bella-x
11-11-2007, 05:13 PM
Sorry I haven't updated this thread earlier, I've just been taking more extra care of my Bella. On the Friday of her appointment my mum didn't cancel it and so we went and got the good news of her fur will grow back and the infected area around her next will heal up. So far they have seen two rabbits (including my Bella) with the same infection and got the idea that the vaccine had something wrong with it so they reported it back to the vaccine company and now they have to decide what needs doing to prevent it happening to any other rabbits. We also don't need to pay for this treatment as they said they would because of any inconvience. The treatment we have got is Fuciderm gel which you just put on her neck for a week (till next Wednesday) and all should get better soon. Bella is on the table right now and I have just put the gel on as it should be twice a day so its time to put her back in her cage to rest but she doesn't want to be moved as of yet!

petticoat74
11-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Aw! I bet that has made you feel heaps better:D Big hugs to Bella!!;)

x-baby-bella-x
11-11-2007, 06:52 PM
Aw! I bet that has made you feel heaps better:D Big hugs to Bella!!;)

Yeah it did, I actually thought I was going to lose my Bella, thanking God that I'm not! Thanks just gave Bella big hugs for you and she said, is Petticoat74 your real name whilst nudging me with her nose :lol:

petticoat74
11-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Yeah it did, I actually thought I was going to lose my Bella, thanking God that I'm not! Thanks just gave Bella big hugs for you and she said, is Petticoat74 your real name whilst nudging me with her nose :lol:
:lol: No, thats an old nickname! My name is Claire;)

clutterydrawer
11-11-2007, 06:55 PM
aww yey for bella :)

x-baby-bella-x
11-11-2007, 06:58 PM
:lol: No, thats an old nickname! My name is Claire;)

Aww, I just gave Bella another big hug for you Claire and I said, "Bella likey Claire?" and she nodded yes! (of course she was about to sneeze :lol:)

x-baby-bella-x
11-11-2007, 06:59 PM
aww yey for bella :)

Aww thanks!

Amethyst
11-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Oh that's great news! Glad you reported it too as now other bunnies won't have this happen to them. :thumb: YAY for Bella! :D

AMETHYST

x-baby-bella-x
12-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Oh that's great news! Glad you reported it too as now other bunnies won't have this happen to them. :thumb: YAY for Bella! :D

AMETHYST

I know :D I'm so happy for her. All I have to deal with now is her being lazy as I think ever since I started putting it onto her neck she's became more lazy then her usual self, maybe because theres a steroid in it?

toffee
13-11-2007, 10:07 AM
The treatment we have got is Fuciderm gel which you just put on her neck for a week

This is an antibiotic cream so will stop infection in the wound. I would guess she's sleepy because the wound has been irritating her for so long. She must feel relieved. Fuciderm contains Fucidic acid - this normally works pretty quickly.

Hope she gets better soon

x-baby-bella-x
13-11-2007, 10:09 PM
This is an antibiotic cream so will stop infection in the wound. I would guess she's sleepy because the wound has been irritating her for so long. She must feel relieved. Fuciderm contains Fucidic acid - this normally works pretty quickly.

Hope she gets better soon

Oh right, oh my - I'm such a bad bunny mummy because I didn't even know that :cry: Yeah I agree, Bella MUST feel relieved. I can't put Bella down anymore for some reason. I can pick her up fine, alright but when it comes to putting her down, my minds gone blank and I haven't a clue on what to do! from holding her near my chest with one hand under her chest and the other under her bum, I go to put her down and haven't a clue what to do with my hands :cry: I'm such a terrible bunny mummy :cry: Anyways, thanks for the helpful post, toffee.

x-baby-bella-x
13-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Ignore This Post, Sorry The Post Above This One Repeated Itself For Some Reason - Sorry Again!!!

x-baby-bella-x
13-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Ignore This Post, Sorry The Post Above This One Repeated Itself For Some Reason - Sorry Again!!!

Edit: It done it again sorry - ignore this post too!!!