• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Natural glory!

Maizy

Mama Doe
It's miserable here today, rain and wind, but as I was standing at the kitchen window I coouldn't help but be really stunned by the colours in the garden, they are just fab ( despite it being so wet and soggy)! Couldn't help myself and took a couple of pics. Autumn and Spring Nature at it's best!:D

Cotinus Grace
Cotinus.jpg

View from the kitchen

window.jpg

A close up of the acer seen from the kitchen
acer2.jpg

Aaaaah, lovely colours. Lots of those in Kew Gardens now, too. :wave: :D

Need to upload some of my holiday pics, although I haven't taken many.

Is the Cotinus grace green during the summer? I have one with dark red leaves, and they don't change colour much. My Liquidambar looks quite pretty.

Thanks! I love the Cotinus,(first pic). Grace is a well known variety for good autumn colour and it never fails to deliver!:D I have a bigger one at the front of the house which is only just starting to colour up, still mostly deep red, so that will be my view from the study for the next few weeks and something to look forward to! Bav Bun, yours should colour up if it's 'Grace'. Liquidambar is another great one for the Autumn. My garden is too small for one really, maybe when we move!:D Here's an Azalea trying to compete with the cotinus!

Azalea.jpg

fab pics :D you have a really good eye for photogrsphy :D

Aww thanks.:D I love taking plant pics, especially close macro shots. Very frustrating day today, as I was in what must be one of the most stunning parts of the South ( Mendips), had my camera, but after one shot, battery went and memory was full:evil: . Fortunately, I'll be there again on Wednesday, so will make sure I get some pics then!:D

Here's my favourite photo from our holiday in Devon. No impressive autumn colours there, yet, but the views from the coast path were stunning.

budleigh6.jpg

Oh WOW that's fantastic. I've been trapsing to and from Somerset this last week and the countryside is just brilliant at the moment. It's just a lovely part of the country!:D

Back