• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Travelled 150 miles to be bonded

janice

Wise Old Thumper
I have just had 2 bunnies come to stay with me for the next 5 days with the hope of them bonding. One gorgeous dutch with the most unusual markings has travelled approximately 150 miles to be bonded with a white lop eared bunny.
CIMG2508.jpg

They will be collected on Friday when their owners will be coming back to collect them.

I will be posting piccies to keep their owner updated with their progress.

Despite being here almost an hour they have not required me to use the brush treatment on them. We have had a little thumping but generally things are very quiet.

Awww the magic Janice touch.:D I'm sure they will be a happy couple by the end of the week. Good luck!:D

how many chances do you give them before you decide they arent going to bond?

Chances .... what are they :D with all the bondings I have done I have only ever given up on two, one was because one of the girls was a rex and had paper thin skin, the other was in repsonse to this request for help http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=50821&highlight=maisie I was limited by time as Lorraine was away for a weekend and I had approximately 48 hours to get 2 buns a partner each. One of the pairs was not quite right so we swapped for another male. This was a follow up post http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=51777&highlight=maisie and another http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=52720&highlight=maisie

Usually there are few problems if you play by the rules of bonding, totally neutral territory being the most important issue.

So far they are very laid back buns, Sparkey has given his wifebun a lovely face and ear wash. She is a little hesitant of him and does a lot of thumping. They are both very clean buns and there are no poos outside the litter trays. She has taken a liking to the Science Selective so hopefully wont be a problem with changing back over foods. They both appear to be good hay eaters.

i asked because Alvin is proving to be a bit of a demon at the rescue hes at..... theyve lay together all nice but twice theyve had a spat and im worried hes gonna come home single :(

i asked because Alvin is proving to be a bit of a demon at the rescue hes at..... theyve lay together all nice but twice theyve had a spat and im worried hes gonna come home single :(

I often find bunnies who are initially a little tempremental with their prospective partners actually get on better than ones who play hard to get. They must sort out their hierachy before they can get on with each other. I am sure that Alvin will settle, just give the rescue as much time as they require to let him settle down prior to taking them home.

I often find bunnies who are initially a little tempremental with their prospective partners actually get on better than ones who play hard to get. They must sort out their hierachy before they can get on with each other. I am sure that Alvin will settle, just give the rescue as much time as they require to let him settle down prior to taking them home.

im happy to give them the time needed (even tho its killing me) but when she said they dont force bondings its a bit worrying theyll get given up on too soon just to keep me happy....im even feeling like a nucience phoning up cus the poor woman sounds soo tired :( she said usually after 2 nites theyve decided but i really think Alvin is going to smash this time thing to pieces... the first seconds of meeting he humped her like he was sooooo happy and excited, they spent the day lying together and then last night he was buzzing and a fight broke out.... today theyve been put in a carrier twice and may well be seperated again tonight... no injuries yet tho jus little arguments and as ive never lived thro this i have noooo idea whats going to happen....

im happy to give them the time needed (even tho its killing me) but when she said they dont force bondings its a bit worrying theyll get given up on too soon just to keep me happy....im even feeling like a nucience phoning up cus the poor woman sounds soo tired :( she said usually after 2 nites theyve decided but i really think Alvin is going to smash this time thing to pieces... the first seconds of meeting he humped her like he was sooooo happy and excited, they spent the day lying together and then last night he was buzzing and a fight broke out.... today theyve been put in a carrier twice and may well be seperated again tonight... no injuries yet tho jus little arguments and as ive never lived thro this i have noooo idea whats going to happen....

I also dont believe in forcing bondings, however it is unusual for a pairing not to work, sometimes it just needs time.

I never separate unless I need to do something where they are not supervised and then only if I dont feel I can trust them. It is not unheard of for buns to still have the odd fight after 24 hours as they are still settling down.

Just go with it and I am sure that they will settle down, what your bun is doing is not unheard of.

I also dont believe in forcing bondings, however it is unusual for a pairing not to work, sometimes it just needs time.

I never separate unless I need to do something where they are not supervised and then only if I dont feel I can trust them. It is not unheard of for buns to still have the odd fight after 24 hours as they are still settling down.

Just go with it and I am sure that they will settle down, what your bun is doing is not unheard of.

thank you :) i know i should voice my worries direct with the rescue, but shes doing such a lovely job i dont want add the pressure of an inexperienced bun mom onto her shoulders too..... i think ive drank enough bacardi not to worry tonight....lololololololol

thank you :) i know i should voice my worries direct with the rescue, but shes doing such a lovely job i dont want add the pressure of an inexperienced bun mom onto her shoulders too..... i think ive drank enough bacardi not to worry tonight....lololololololol

I am sure before too long you will have some positive news. After all going by humans some of us take longer to bond with a new 'partner' we have just met :D

I am sure before too long you will have some positive news. After all going by humans some of us take longer to bond with a new 'partner' we have just met :D

very true.. and there are two other females currently waiting for love if Jubilee says no.....hes spoilt for choice but i think hell need to learn gals are boss not boys.....lol

So far they are very laid back buns, Sparkey has given his wifebun a lovely face and ear wash. She is a little hesitant of him and does a lot of thumping. They are both very clean buns and there are no poos outside the litter trays. She has taken a liking to the Science Selective so hopefully wont be a problem with changing back over foods. They both appear to be good hay eaters.

Sounds very positive! :D

I came home from work tonight to find Sparky with his head stuffed under his girlfriends head, passionately licking her clean, he then progressed to her ears ;)

Sparky wasn't too keen on sharing the first leaf of spring greens I put in tonight .... he does a lovely growl :lol:

I think we have two loved up bunnies here, hoepfully he will think that his long journey was all worthwhile.

Back