• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you wrap your bunny's Xmas Prezzies?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
I was wondering if you wrap your bunny's Christmas prezzies and then allow them to rip it open. Is sellotape safe for rabbits and is wrapping paper safe too?

Hi, this will be Tinker's first xmas :)

I will wrap his prezzies, probn with paper and then maybe string to keep it in place (like when you wrap a bottle or wine, and secure it with that streamer stuff).

I would love to make some homemade food goodies as well

Its Christmas so they HAVE to have there prezzies wrapped an placed in their very own personalised stockings for them to open on Christmas morning with the rest of the family:D I always take treats out of the wrappers so they can smell them more easily through the wrapping paper and so are more inclined to open them there and then when I can I watch them and take away the rubbish. I wrap them in the most scruffy way possible so there are lots of creases for them to get hold of and I try to use just one piece of tape or string if possible.

Its our girls 1st Christmas this year so I will have to get busy making thier stockings pretty soon, we are also getting a kitten on Wednesday so thats now 3 stockings I have to make.... need to find my creative head sometime very soon.

Depends how big they are, and if we are short on paper and sellotape! :lol: But generally, yes we do! :lol:

Its Christmas so they HAVE to have there prezzies wrapped an placed in their very own personalised stockings for them to open on Christmas morning with the rest of the family:D I always take treats out of the wrappers so they can smell them more easily through the wrapping paper and so are more inclined to open them there and then when I can I watch them and take away the rubbish. I wrap them in the most scruffy way possible so there are lots of creases for them to get hold of and I try to use just one piece of tape or string if possible.

:thumb: :thumb: Same here! Personalised stockings with a toy, new bowl or treat of some sort. Has to be done!:lol: :lol: The cats have one, so the buns have to as well. Outdoor buns get stockings outside too, but as it will be Maddie's first Christmas, I'll be getting creative too! :lol:

Mine got a tree shaped basket with some goodies inside last year. Not wrapped. I have to admit that I am not doing a lot of Christmassy stuff for my pets, never have. They get spoiled enough all year round.:D

Thanks for all the replies. I'm getting them 4 vine balls so I'll put those in a paper bag, and they are getting a willow tunnel, which I won't wrap up, and a treat basket, which may or may not be put in paper bag, depends on how big it is.

I think you're all barking :lol: Mine don't get Christmas presents let alone wrapped ones, they don't know what Christmas is, they just get things when they need them or when I foolishly log onto a site which sells that sort of stuff :lol:

Yep all my buns and my dog get wrapped xmas pressies, my dog has her own xmas stocking with all her treats in and the buns get a santa sack, they get christmas dinner at the same time we do (an extra veg or two then usual)
Then we go to wish them merry christmas and pass out the wrapped pressies, I use wrapping paper but dont use tape, i just make them into sort of christmas crackers and twist the ends shut, if its an awkward sahpe or something small then i stick it in an empty loo roll and make that a christmas cracker they then have fun tearing them open. Even my dog has fun unwrapping her pressies:lol:

I also put xmas decorations up in their room (when they lived inside) they had their own small xmas tree (it was on a shelf so they couldnt get to it) and they had a "sant stop here" sign hung on their wall.

my pets are part of the family so why shouldnt they enjoy christmas with the rest of us, even if they dont understand it all:D

I think you're all barking :lol: Mine don't get Christmas presents let alone wrapped ones, they don't know what Christmas is, they just get things when they need them or when I foolishly log onto a site which sells that sort of stuff :lol:

Ya meanie! ;) :p Not only do mine get prezzies, but they give us prezzies too! :lol: It's all getting expensive now I've got so many furries! :lol:

A few years ago I tinselled all the hutches, they all had their own cards on their hutches and wrapped pressies then I lost my job and for a few years it didn't happen, then last christmas I wasn't in the country and we lost the myxi five :roll:

This year we're going mad, tinsel, tree and pressies the whole lot! :D :oops:

YES! :lol:
my bunnies know Christmas though, I know that sounds really odd... but when we start putting decorations up and stuff they go nuts... and on chrismtas morning they know what day it is... they open their stockings in the morning, then in the afternoon they open the presents under the tree with the rest of us-and then they have a nap :lol: ... Sounds sad, but they :love: christmas... they dont know their birthdays, but they know Christmas. :D

Nibbles got banned from the living room last christmas for knocking baubles off the tree and throwing them everywhere. Naughty Nibbles.
She loved Christmas last year, everything was a toy!

My Harry cat LOVES getting cat advent calendars with catnip drops in. Harry spends ages attacking the calendar trying to get to his treats! So funny!

Mine do send pressies but usually as a group, they receive individual cards and they send their own cards too, then its the same for my yorkie too:D

Well mine don't get wrapped presents individually but I will buy them something for Christmas. This year they are getting one of those big willow wigwam things for £20 from the RWA. Don't plan on wrapping that!:shock: :lol:

My rabbits send cards to other bunnies and their owners,my bunny mad friends who humour me. My other friends would think I was nuts! :shock: :lol: They also sent Rog a card to thank him for building them a run. :oops:

Back