• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would it be okay to...

casu consulto

Mama Doe
Heey. =^^=
A quick question -

Having woken this morning to weather which I can only call awful, I don't think my rabbits can go out in their run on the grass today. It's easing off a little now, but each step on the grass makes all water rise up and Barney especially hates getting his paws damp... Also, my going out there and spreading the inside of the run in straw only meets with complaint from my dad, as no matter how hard I try I cannot then pick up every single piece of the stuff and he says the rabbits make the grass look messy...

Usually, I might bring them into the hallway for a few hours in the evening, to ensure they get some exercise and time out of their hutch. But this usually ends up with me being locked out in the hall with them for hours keeping an eye on them - but I can't do that today, I have to type up about 4 hours worth of lecture notes. I'm wondering if it would be okay to set their run up in the garage?

The garage has never been used for cars or anything - in fact, it's where their hutches are moved to in the winter, and it smells rabbity anyway as all their bedding and stuff is kept there. The floor is concrete and even, so there'd be no trouble there... It is not, however, very light in there. Would they mind it being rather gloomy? ..; And would they be very stressed at being allowed to play in thre instead of where they're used to? It's just that this way they could be out of their hutch for much of the day, as usual...

The garage is fine :) Rabbits are most active when its dark so they'll see fine :)

I put them out rain or shine(just not snow) and they are fine. 2/3 of their roof is covered and 1/3 is uncovered, so if they want to get wet, they can, but if they don't, they can too.

The garage is fine though in those conditions.

Well, yes, but my run isn't like yours. About a third is covered, and in the rain they sit out anyway... Which is fine for short showers, but it was throwing it down and I didn't want them being soaked from morning onwards. Ordinarily if it starts raining when they're out, I throw carpet over the run and leave them - but the ground was saturated, and my rabbits don't like sitting on wet ground. Barney gets upset.

... and luckily the sun is a-shining so I've chucked them out anyway. :p N ot literally.

Back