• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tarquin has discovered what stairs are for

Becca6

Mama Doe
My little tiny boy has realised what the stairs are for today and has been bombing up and down them at a frightening speed (they're very narrow and steep) all evening.

He's now exhausted and has flopped next to me on the bed.

Was wondering who would do it first - Bell hasn't shown any interest in them but she's so much bigger so the stairs must seem a lot smaller to her so perhaps more scary, if that makes any sense. Plus he is pretty fearless.

Last edited:
When Flopsy was really small - 9 weeks - he lived as a house bunny for a couple of weeks till his outside hutch was made - he loved the stairs for some strange reason - he had all the bottom floor of the house but he chose to run up and down the stairs all day and he was barely able to reach them. It always looked such hard work with him being so little but he certainly loved it.:roll:

yup Alvins got a thing about our stairs too.... is funny to watch his little bum as he bounds down them..... he likes to stop in the middle to munch wallpaper tho :roll:

Awwww!

Bobbin too has recently been venturing on the stairs, he's not really allowed upstairs to the kitchen and living room (I live in an upside-down house!) but he only ever gets to the third step anyway. Bless him, when he wants to come down he seems very nervous, and ends up jumping to the floor from the second step! :shock:

:wave:

My 2 come in the house several times a week and totally ignore the stairs (except once when Charlie did go half way up and straight back down!!!) How strange!!??

It's so cute watching his sweet little tail bobbing up and down. He's much faster coming up than going down, though he has gone down a bit too fast like he couldn't stop himself a few times. He's been having a whale of a time again today.

Funnily though he stops on the second to bottom stair and won't try the last one. If he did he'd soon realise that he's next to the kitchen where he spends time when I'm getting his, Bella's and the guinea pigs' veg ready.

Aren't they funny - best entertainment there is.

Awwww!

Bobbin too has recently been venturing on the stairs, he's not really allowed upstairs to the kitchen and living room (I live in an upside-down house!) but he only ever gets to the third step anyway. Bless him, when he wants to come down he seems very nervous, and ends up jumping to the floor from the second step! :shock:

took Alvin a few weeks to finally venture to the top step...... a new step each day it seemed

Once they start they dont stop :roll: - its when you are trying to come down and they are trying to go up - you end up tripping down the stairs and the bunnys looking at you as if to say I didnt do that! :roll: :lol:

My male nethie dwarf goes up and down no trouble, but the female dwarf lop, who is twice his size, went up them once, chose her room, and has never come down them since.

Squidgy loves the stairs. He waits at the door at the bottom and bombs up them as soon as the door opens! Silly bunny.

Back