• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi i really needs some help

Raven Rexs

Mama Doe
i just came home from working at newbry ive been there since 6.30am and when ive come home theres a box on my doorstep another dumpee alittle grey nethie but hes not in full health one of his eyes looks like its been running for a very long time just want to know wat i can do for him so that the vets is a last resort hes eating his hay and he seems very bright within himself!

That's very sad :(

I don't think the vets should be a last resort, it should be the first thing you do for him, perhaps not at the weekend but definitely on Monday. Perhaps you could try bathing his eye with cooled boiled water and a cotton wool pad?

Hope it works out ok for the little fella :)

Poor bunny :cry:

I agree with Thea, the bunny needs to see a vet next week. Being a Nethie, there's a good chance the runny eye is caused by teeth problems. If it's an infection you will probably need antibiotic eye drops, and perhaps a tear duct flush. None of these things you can do yourself.

Hope the little one improves.

Amy

He certainly needs to see a vet as nethies are so prone to teeth issues.

In the meantime if you have any Fucithalmic or Tiacil drops they may help ease the problem.....but only as an interim alternative.....if it is stemming from a tooth issue then the cause needs treating, not just the symptoms.

Back