• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really missing my boy :( U/D hes home and still single

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
didnt think id miss him this much..... sounds like hes not even missing me either...... cant wait till hes home again even if i will have to share him with another female!!

Last edited:
Aw it's weird when they're not around isn't it? Sort of empty.

When I go on holiday I always think I might enjoy having a little break from all the cleaning etc but actually it's just lonely. When is he coming back?

I always hate getting home from holiday if Ted and Dougal have gone into boarding, those hours they are not there before I collect them is hell!

yesterday the bonding was going ace..... after the first excitement they apparently just slept next to each other all day (that update was at 7pm).... ive had an awful night tossing and turning dreading the worst (Alvins awake time is from 10;30pm) all sorts could of happened thro the night.... im to phone about midday to get an update....

if all goes well they could be home on Tuesday.... its torture for me while my boy is having the time of his life with his new wife...lol

awww im starting with peanut and jelly today. i know its only been less than a week since her spay but they saw each other yday through the bars she groomed him, and deep down i think theve always 'been bonded' just couldnt be together bcus of their 'bits' lo. Yesterday she went 4 a checkup @ the vets, and peanut and jelly shared the carrier on the way there, and they just groomed each other the whole time. i know its early btu when i split them up they pined 4 each other all night, neither of them ate hardly anything.

who is bonding them?

its Louise at Hopper Haven in Redditch

awww im starting with peanut and jelly today. i know its only been less than a week since her spay but they saw each other yday through the bars she groomed him, and deep down i think theve always 'been bonded' just couldnt be together bcus of their 'bits' lo. Yesterday she went 4 a checkup @ the vets, and peanut and jelly shared the carrier on the way there, and they just groomed each other the whole time. i know its early btu when i split them up they pined 4 each other all night, neither of them ate hardly anything.

awwww thats so sweet... true love :)

ive just phoned the rescue and Louise hasnt arrived yet so that must be a good sign that they aint been seperated right???? gotta wait again then phone back....

never doin this again...lololol

just as i suspected... Alvin turned into a warerabbit over night, Jubilee was having none of it and they had a fight and were seperated... back together today in a carrier..... gutted if this dont work ive just been out and bought a carrier for two :(

they are both trying to be the dominant one so i guess it probably wont work out :cry: :cry: :cry:

Poor you - I know exactly what you're going through and feeling. I went through the same with Bella and Tarquin.

Sadly they never resolved their dominance issues, but it sounds like Alvin and Jubilee were happy together yesterday, so hopefully they just need a bit of time.

Hope it works out - I could never bond bunnies. I think anyone who does it is amazing - I found it hard enough being at home waiting for news.

Rebec

they are both trying to be the dominant one so i guess it probably wont work out :cry: :cry: :cry:

Never say never!! Stay positive, Louise has bonded loads of bunnies and a fall out is not the end of the world. One of the buns needs to be the boss, it just takes a bit longer for them to decide who when they are both insistant!! Keep your fingers crossed - it's not over yet!!

Never say never!! Stay positive, Louise has bonded loads of bunnies and a fall out is not the end of the world. One of the buns needs to be the boss, it just takes a bit longer for them to decide who when they are both insistant!! Keep your fingers crossed - it's not over yet!!

she said only yesterday she doesnt force bonding, i was too afraid to ask how many chances theyll get given before its classed as failed.... i know my luck so my hope has died a bit :( id never try bonding myself thats for sure you obviously need nerves of steel.... i just know ill be heartbroke if Alvin comes home unbondable and then i have to decided whether to try again or be selfish and not go thro this lack of sleep again... :(

damn his feisty little self!!!

Oh I think there is hope yet.... whenever I have bonded there have always been scuffles. As long as they have another good day today I think it might work! Fingers crossed for you babe x

Oh I think there is hope yet.... whenever I have bonded there have always been scuffles. As long as they have another good day today I think it might work! Fingers crossed for you babe x

thankyou :) i know its not really bad inthe whole scheme of rabbit keeping but im useless with getting my hopes up and then dissapointment stings really bad.... youd think at 29 id stress less about stuff....lololol

i was wondering how many fights rabbits have before they choose which way they are gonna go..... my this bonding lark is complicated :shock:

Who would think that bonding bunnies could be so difficult? I had no idea before I go into them. They are little monkeys aren't they. You can expect a few scuffles, at least that is what I have always found.. god knows how they manage to upset each other,... maybe they say things like "your bobtail makes you bum look big" or, "how many dewlaps do you have?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back