• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a 5?

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
Okay, this is a long shot, and I have to wait a while before I can put this into action but.....

when I get Holly, Magic and Daisy spayed, do you think it would be feisable to bond all 5 together? or would two bucks and three does not work? The bucks are both quite layed back, and definatley would be if all the does were spayed.

Also what age can does be spayed at?

depends on the rabbits - I have 2 does and 3 bucks bonded... all un-related. They're fine, but all are pretty laid back bunnies (except that Beauty! :roll: :lol:)
You won't know until you try, I guess! Make sure you have it all planned out if you do try, and have contingency plans if it doesn't work...

If you have a good vet, they can be spayed at 4 months, but it's best to wait till 4 1/2 months - 5 months. If not a good vet, wait till 6 months.

Thanks for the info, the scariest part to me is adding Asbeau :shock:

That means it is about 2 months before Daisy can be Spayed, wich gives me time to save up £180 to pay for all three spays :D I am getting £600 in December so that should be okay :D

I'm going to try bonding my 5 sometime next year and if they bond I'll be converting an 8x6 shed for them. It'll be 3 females & 2 males as well, really hope it works :? I'd give it a go, just make sure you have a backup plan if it all goes wrong :)

:lol:

I'm going to try bonding Asbeau and Daisy tomorrow :shock: then when all the does are spayed i'll have 3 pairs to bond, wish me luck!

:lol:

I'm going to try bonding Asbeau and Daisy tomorrow :shock: then when all the does are spayed i'll have 3 pairs to bond, wish me luck!

I would leave bonding any of your group until the females are neutered Beth. I find it easier to bond individual rabbits together as a group rather than have to bond a group of rabbits which include ones that have already been bonded together.

okay thanks :D
will it be a problem that four are bonded into two pairs already?

I'm going to try bonding Asbeau and Daisy tomorrow then when all the does are spayed i'll have 3 pairs to bond, wish me luck!

Sorry Beth I do not understand. You mention that you want to bond 5 rabbits. You are saying that you already have 2 bonded pairs but want to bond Asbeas and Daisy together now, that will make 3 pairs which makes 6 .... not 5.

I personally would not bond any more of the rabbits you are planning to put into the group of 5 together and leave it until the girls are neutered and you are ready to put the 5 together.

I was going to bond Daisy, Holly, Magic, Blue and Basil and then see if Asbeau would be able to get on with them aswell, that's why I said 5/6 ( i think I did)

Holly and Basil are bonded
Magic and blue are bonded

If Asbeu is potentially a 'difficult' rabbit I would leave pairing him up with any hormonal female until she is neutered.

Sorry, you had only mentioned pairing up 5 rabbits not 6 rabbits in this thread, which is why I could not understand your intentions.

sorry, it must of been another thread I posted about the 6 of them, sorry for teh confusion.

Yeah, I'll wait until January to get Daisy spayed,a nd i'll trya nd get the otehr two done ASAP.
thanks for your help :)

Back