• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sleeping!

hippo27

Young Bun
Just interested to see how much other buns sleep or indeed how much they are supposed to be sleeping.
Mine seem to both be sleeping for england right now (inbetween the mad dashing around!)
Is this a getting ready for winter thing (conserving energy and the like) or are they just a lazy pair!
Physically there isn't anything wrong with them, they just seem to be liking a good ol kip!

Mine sunbath. They also doze during the middle of the day in their run.

208yx78.jpg

Mine seem to spend a lot of the day sleeping, adn when I go to check on them at night, they are more active. Ruby likes to trash the run at night:roll:

I've only ever seen Liam and Mishka zonked out once :shock: , isn't it true though that they have a second eyelid, so they can sleep with their eyes open? :?

Flopsy won't sleep anywhere but top half of hutch - he won't even lay down in run or garden (fussy bun) - he is lively in morning and usually kips best part of day from about 11am till 4pm. He usually sleeps with just a little slit of his eye open and sometimes tight shut.:lol:

Can't sleep much at time cos thats when he wrecks his hutch :shock:

I've only ever seen Liam and Mishka zonked out once :shock: , isn't it true though that they have a second eyelid, so they can sleep with their eyes open? :?

My lad sleeps with his eyes open. apparently when the nose stops twitching you know they are asleep.

I think Rabbits are more of a nocturnal animal like hamsters, like to sleep in the day and are more active at night. i may be wrong but i think that is the case.

I shut mine in their hutch about 10pm, and they normally disapear into their bed bit about 12, then I norm wake them when I go out at 7.30am, then they'll sleep again from around lunchtime till around 4 or 5pm

Back