• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vetbed ... help!

Woodlouse

Mama Doe
Would love to get my house rabbits Ant and Hoops onto vetbed in their hutch (in the living room) in the hope that it'll cut down on the mess they make! Thea (& Bobbin) kindly sent me a piece which they've been happily walking and lying on in the middle of the lounge floor. Have put it in their hutch today and they've been intent on digging and biting it!

Am I fighting a losing battle? Should I persist? Anybody had similar experiences and won? All advice gratefully received - thanks!

Mine occassionally chew their vetbed and even wee on it sometimes!! (even though they've got a litter tray each!!!)

With some of my foster buns I have given up using vet bed as it gets totally destroyed, others are fine with it.

I tend to mainly use it for lining my pet carriers and using when I have a sick bun or piggie.

When my bunnies were spayed I tried them with Vetbed, and they hated it - spent their whole time throwing it around, or sitting on it the wrong way up etc.

Hi Abi! :wave:

Sounds like they are wondering what the hell you've put in their hutch! I guess you probably just have to see if they calm down and except it or if they keep digging and trying to chew it then perhaps you should remove it.

There is a piece I use like a rug outside Bobbins cage that he occasionally attacks, but it seems as though he's playing with it more than anything because he only does it for a few seconds :rolleyes: Bless!

Good luck!

Theax

Back