• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits First Veg

mit

Mama Doe
My boys are around 3-4months i belive and i havent feed them any veg yet.

I'm currently in the process of changing thier mixed feed to SS at the moment. But i was wondering what would be a good first vegatable to introduce them too??

m
xx

When you do introduce it, just give a tiny piece, as big as a postage stamp, on day one, then nothing on day 2, then another tiny piece on day 3, and so on, gradually building up the portion size over 2 weeks. This gives the digestive bacteria time to build up sufficiently.

Only introduce one type of new veg at a time, and preferably don't feed fruit at all. I give mine a small chunk of carrot (needs to be only a small amount per day as it's sugary) a tiny piece of brocolli, just for a treat as it can cause wind but they love it - and mainly spring greens, which you can get at major supermarkets - they have about a medium sized leaf a day.

When you do introduce it, just give a tiny piece, as big as a postage stamp, on day one, then nothing on day 2, then another tiny piece on day 3, and so on, gradually building up the portion size over 2 weeks. This gives the digestive bacteria time to build up sufficiently.

Only introduce one type of new veg at a time, and preferably don't feed fruit at all. I give mine a small chunk of carrot (needs to be only a small amount per day as it's sugary) a tiny piece of brocolli, just for a treat as it can cause wind but they love it - and mainly spring greens, which you can get at major supermarkets - they have about a medium sized leaf a day.

That sounds like a Plan!!!

Thanks Guys! Will let you know how they get on.

m
xx

Back