• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Washing Vetbed??

mit

Mama Doe
Hey guys. Hope you guys can help me out. Got a question about washing VetBed. Well, not really VetBed, but the Ikea Version.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40112538

I know VetBed can be washed in a Washing Machine, so im guessing so can the Ikea one too. But the thing is that i dont really wanna wash it in the machine. Mums been ill, so dont really wanna risk her catching anything. Plus she has a couple of operation in the last two months, the risk of infection etc.

So ive bought a large green bin/tub today to wash them by hand outside, and what i wanted to know is, what should i wash it with??? Warm water and................Normal washing powder?? Dettol? White Vinger?? Hutch Cleaner?? Soooo many products!! Im guessing any product i would use, i would dilutte it down in the large tub.

Hope you guys can help.

m
xx

i wash mine in washing machine with small amount of fabric softner...no powder...

Maybe just use a small amount of what u would wash it with in machine?? It hasnt bothered Liquorice.

Just make sure it gets a good enough rinse:D

I had to wash mine by hand when our washing machine broke and I just used the fairy washing up powder :D Took ages to rinse though :shock: :lol:

I use washing powder, but it depends how dirty it is. It's the guinea pigs that I've used vetbed with, and they get them absolutely filthy! Nothing else would shift it other than a decent washing powder. You could even use Virkon, I think.

I put mine in pillow cases and pop it in the washer with one washing tab and a little conditioner.

If you wash them in a machine please put all vet bed into a pillow case rather than risk blocking the filter.

If you are washing them by hand use a liquid soap as it will mix and wash out easier

Thanks Guys!!

They are all washed up and hanging to dry. Bit of hard work that was, all the ringing out!! Plus it was cold outside. Eeek!

m
xx

ps. When you guys mean Liquid Soap do you mean, like liquid soap for cloths or fariy liquid??

Back