• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is two weeks enough?

Ok, we had a little accident just, it happened at swaping around time. Lily was in the run, Choci in his hutch. I went to get him, mum went to get lily. we meet on the bath with the rabbits. Choci struggles free, Lily jumps out of mums arms. both, thank god land on top of the 6ft run. Lily was just looking to get to know her fiance, didn't want to humped. Choci, she's her and starts to hump the wrong way, but then desides its better the correct. I know its a dominance thing, but this wasn't for that it was for the other;) , I grab choci, whos not best pleased. He's pulls her fur:cry: and then digs his claws in me and goes to bite. He was like a thing processed.

They were both done 10/11 days ago, and we were going to attempt bonding on wednesday, but if choci still this randy, surely thats not healthy for either of them?:? I am completely in shock as I thought he was calmng down, infact Lily is more calm than him poor little girl tried to get away from him when she knew what he was doing:cry:

What happens if he never calms dowm, oh I can't think about that:(

Probably needs a bit more time for the hormones to settle, i didnt try bonding mine until at least 6-8 weeks after the boy was neutered, but they had always lved indoors in a wide pen which had been split in 2 so for about 4-6 months they had lived side by side wit just a bit of wire between them, the day i removed the wire they just lay beside each other there was no chasing or humping atall and its been love all the way since.:D

Having just moved them outside about 6 weeks ago I do notice now that Jessie chases petey and tries to mount him on his head usually:shock: :lol: but to my knowledge Petey has NEVER tried to mount Jessie. Think hes a bit of a hen pecked husbun really:lol: :lol: :lol: Jessie usually tries to mount hi when hes been naughty like chewing the hutch or throwing his toys around:lol: :lol:

Probably needs a bit more time for the hormones to settle, i didnt try bonding mine until at least 6-8 weeks after the boy was neutered, but they had always lved indoors in a wide pen which had been split in 2 so for about 4-6 months they had lived side by side wit just a bit of wire between them, the day i removed the wire they just lay beside each other there was no chasing or humping atall and its been love all the way since.:D

Having just moved them outside about 6 weeks ago I do notice now that Jessie chases petey and tries to mount him on his head usually:shock: :lol: but to my knowledge Petey has NEVER tried to mount Jessie. Think hes a bit of a hen pecked husbun really:lol: :lol: :lol: Jessie usually tries to mount hi when hes been naughty like chewing the hutch or throwing his toys around:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: , what a way to tell him off:lol:

they have had time side by side in the summer, but now its the winter I haven't done that much because we have less space on the concrete. for two runs:roll: , I could put one in the hospital cage or carrier then pop that in the run, so they can sniff but not hump. I think I will give it more time, maybe 4 weeks instead of 2, and see how it goes, if he never calms down, He'll remain single and Lily will have her pick of the rescue buns;) he wont be on his own as he'll always have me;)

well dont loose hope before you have even really tried, get them used to each other by putting them in the run regularly, using the cage or making a divide with some wire or something, dont give up if you dont suceed first time when you do try to bond them, whe i first got Louis from ARC he was neutered for several months befoe i got him yet he chased twinkle like mad, she was quite little still at the time and was petrified of him so I waited and tried 2-3 times at different intervals before they took to each other after that they adored each other, they were very happy for 18 months before i lost him suddenly 1 year ago today :cry: R.I.P Louis

so sorry about louis, I am going to try something in the small run (hoping to keep the big one as nutral as poss), If I try a carrier at first and see what there like sniffing each other, then I could progess to the hospital cage. it'll just about fit in the run, but still give them enough room to run free. I'll swap them around regulary too. Then if needs be I'll spilt the big run, and take it from there. And I'm going to stay postive:D

Back