• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you do if they squeal?

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
Last night when i went to pick Lionel up for his meds i don't think i even touched him and he squealed at me and tried to run away - even though he can barely move! I let him go and he settled in his cat bed so instead of picking him up i kinda held him still instead and he closed his eyes while we gave him his 3 meds, it was a bit bizzare.
What does it mean if they squeal and should you just leave them alone?

Usually squeeling means extreme pain or distress, but as you didn't touch him it may mean he tried to run away and it hurt or he was registering his extreme disatifaction with you trying to pick him up and give him his medicine

If he seems more happy with your new arrangement, then keep medicating him from the floor and only pick him up when absolutley neccessary until he's better.

It may be worth you having a feel around for any bumps and bruises, just in case.

Get Well Soon Lionel

My Milly squealed when I picked her up once. I may have pressed her adomen too hard, as she was struggling when trying to get away from being picked up. I think it may also mean that they are trying to get away and they are upset.

Back