• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fireworks and outdoor rabbits - what do I do?

Vic

Young Bun
Hi
My rabbits are in an outdoor hutch at night, with a thermal/rain cover. During daylight hours they are in their run. The fireworks are starting up before dusk, should I bring the buns in early? Will it make any difference as their hutch is outdooors too?
What do you do with regard to fireworks? :rabbit2:
Vic

I saw that my buns weren't that bothered, and they are quite nervous buns, so I decided that they were going to stay outside. When they are in their run, they should feel secure, but if it's a regular thing, I'll bring them in.

Mine aren't too bothered by them either. I tend to make sure they are in their run rather than free range in the garden when they start going off, just in case one flies in the garden and hits them (stupid idiots round here do it late afternoon/early evening nearer the date!)

If your buns seem really stressed by all the bangs and crashes, then bring them in.

We have had quite a few fireworks already and mine sat on top of their run watching them. As they seem completly fine, I just left them to it.

Just go with what you think is best for your buns.

We brought ours in tonight because they were shaking and didnt seem happy at all.
Once its late enough and the bangs have stopped Ill pop them back out.
Looks like it will possibly be a regular occurence though:rolleyes:

ours never seemes bothered by them, but i think if you get nervous about the fireworks or your buns then they will pick up on this and will get nervous too. but if it seems to bother them i'd bring them in.

I had mine inside this time last year as they had myxi, so i was a bit concerned about them as theres a park jst around the corner from my house n little **** kids are already letting a lot of fireworks off- but when I was out feeding them tonight a huge one went off, I s**t myself and jumped a mile but they didnt even flinch, even honey and he's the wimpiest bunny ever!

Ours aren't bothered by them at all, but a banger went off tonight followed by a succession of smaller ones and it spooked one of the boarders so I bought her in and we watched tv together (she crawled inside the pouch on my top and kept popping her head out) until they had stopped

There were some fireworks let off by neighbours two doors down and it was one of those ones that stays on the ground and sparks go everywhere, like a fountain, it spooked my girls a bit, they ran into their bedroom, it took a while to encourage them out. I think they may do loud ones next time, should I bring them in for those?

i'm begining to conclude taht buns are some of th bravest animals around! (braver than me ;-))

i've been watching my two on teh "run up", and had the indoor hutch (thes edays living in the shed) ready just incase.

however like many others have said my two dont seem atall bothered. infact i swear sam sits watxching them!theya re teh sam ewith storms...whilst i jusp each time the thunder and lightening strikes sh ecomes and sits in teh run looking upa t the sky!!!!!

I live in Geneva and we have one of the biggest fireworks in the world here in August. For about 45 minutes they shoot up fireworks for the money that could feed a small coutry for a year... mine were never bothered with it either...

Back