• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dilly Not A Happy Bunny

lilmissmow

New Kit
Dilly does not like me very much and I've been approaching her calm and quietly she snorts and goes for me when I reach for her bowl.

a week ago she bit me she held on and I struggled to get her to let go she did eventually but now I'm afraid of her and so is my mum who puts food in for her when i'm at work.

What can I do because our fear means Dilly gets less time out to run (we can't get her back in) and we don't attempt to pet her much.

Any advice anyone???

:?

Is she spayed? She may be getting territorial over her hutch which is why she is going for you, spaying her will make her less hormonal and should make her friendlier towards you. Also, if you feed her when you want her to go back in her hutch she should get the idea that going in the hutch = food and so will get in when you bring the food :) xxx

How old is Dilly? She may be going through the 'terrible teens' which is when bunnies tend to be on their worst behaviour.

Neutering can stop this in its tracks before it worsens or becomes common place.

Back