• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning

Jennie Wright

Warren Scout
Can I ask how often people clean out the runs? I clean my hutch daily, but I have a 6x6x6 run underneath that I have filed with toys, straw and hay. I clean the litter tray out in it daily but have been doing the run once or twice a week. Otherwise i would be going though a huge amount of hay/straw. Does this sound about right to others? They do seem to confine peeing to the tray but the poos seem to be everywhere.

I change the Litter trays every day, check the bedding every day, and add/take out hay. Then once a week clean out the cage (they are indoors) throughly.

I change the litter tray and house/box(which they use as a litter tray) every day, I sweep up usused hay from the floor every day and their digging box is removed of poo and wet paper every day, and their water is refilled every day. They poo on the grass too so I sweep them up once every two days or so. I clean the hutch fully once a week and disinfect once a week but I change their litter tray and bedroom every day, as they poo and wee in their bedroom. Fresh hay is added twice a day and water is refilled when necessary, which is usually once a day.

Last edited:
I do the litter trays twice a day and replace any soiled bedding in the playhouse. I clean the playhouse out and disinfect once a week.

I sweep my fixed run every night (it's on slabs) and clean it properly about once a week. as I said though, mines on slabs, so it's easy to keep clean.

Back