• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Supreme Science Selective It hasnt changed

Dasonix

Mama Doe
Yesterday Tracey had a long chat with Supreme regarding Science Selective.

The upshot is that they have NOT changed anything about the food for a very long time. The recipe is still the same as it was at the beginning of this year and the same as it was last year etc.

So the only thing that it can be is a change of ingredients due to seasonal changes.

Both Supreme and ourselves are aware that a few buns are now not eating there SS. So can we have a list of Batch numbers and BB dates for the packs that buns dont seem to like as much please. This way Supreme can get to the bottom of the problem.

So please reply in the following format.

Location purchased
Batch number
BB date

I spoke to Supreme about 4 months ago about a batch that was a different colour and was told they had used a different supply of alphafa sorry not sure of the spelling. My bunny wouldn't eat that batch. But they are eating it again now.

Thank you for your email earlier. :)

The batch Evo is not so keen on is

Location purchased - Silverton Veterinary surgery
Batch number - 1258108
BB date - Oct 08

There is a very definite difference in the size and texture of the food he is currently eating (April 08) and this bag, I have taken a picture and attached it. The older stuff is thinner, darker and crumblier.

Old is on the left, new if on the right.

DSC00047.jpg

My buns haven't stopped eating their SS, but I have noticed in the last three or so packets of it that there's been a few pieces of "rabbit mix" - always the same piece too! The orange kidney-shaped one.

That is easy to explain, SS Rabbit and those other items are made on the same production line (extruder, packer), so its possible that one or 2 of the others will make it into the packs.

Its actually awsome how it is all made, seeing all the raw ingredients going into hoppers at one end and then seeing the Extrusions comming out the other end on its way to the packer.

Back