• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carrot Tops

drpengie

Wise Old Thumper
This may seem like a stupid question :shock: , but can rabbits eat the green bushy stuff on the top of the carrots? Got some last night from the supermarket and my buns are eying them hungrily! The green stalks are longer than the carrots!! :D

yep! they love them! altho my umm just gave one to jelly and she bit her lol so be warned! they like them ALOT

Is it carrot tops that have vitamin A in them? :)
Mine like 'em, but they're not crazy over them... first time I offered them some carrot tops, my Barney-boy especially looked at me like 'what the heck?'

my mum cut up some carrot peices 4 the buns 2day but 4 sum reason peanut was interested. i felt a bit worried but as soon as the kurly kale and carrot tops come out he ran over!

Splodge just tickled her face with them, but Scrumpie demolished the lot. Splodge ate the last few remnants, but don't think she liked them when they had the leaves on them cos they tickled too much! They made her have 'bees in the head' at one point! :lol: :lol:

I heard that they were better for buns than the actual carrot. Chester used to love them. They have less calories than the carrot as well.

If you cut about an inch off the top of carrots and put them into water (a shallow dish....not flooded) in a few days they will sprout and hey presto you've grown your own!
Plenty more useless information where this came from:lol: :lol:

If you cut about an inch off the top of carrots and put them into water (a shallow dish....not flooded) in a few days they will sprout and hey presto you've grown your own!
Plenty more useless information where this came from:lol: :lol:

I remember doing that at school :oops: :lol:

Yeah they are high in calcium and there shouldnt be more than an inch of carrot attached either ;) as its high in sugar.

Ooh must try that too!

Mine love their carrot tops but can only find them round here as organic at Tescos - an expensive way to feed the buns!

Mine have taken ages to sprout this time. I remember growing these and mustard and cress in half an egg shell then it looks like hair:lol: But they certainly grew quicker in those days!!!!!!

Back