• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Last Chance to Talk Me Out of it....

kerina

Warren Scout
....Ok, I'm off on my holiday to Wales tomorrow (approx 5 hour drive) and I'm taking Speedy Bun with me.

Unless anyone on here thinks that I am being cruel taking a rabbit on a long journey for one week, then taking him home again?

He travels to the vets fine in a cat carrier, and I want to take him because he needs to have drops put in his poorly eye until at least Monday.

Honest opinions please, if you think I am stupid taking him, then I won't go.

Thanks

Kerina

he will really be a speedy bun then! :D My buns have always been ok travelling. Better that trying to travel with a cat or anything too!

How does your bun normally take to travelling?

some buns dont like it and it can be scary (hence while trying to bond you take them for a car journey)

Buns dont like change but you knwo your bun better than anyone else.

Good luck

We take Rubens up to my mums in Scotland (approx 4.5 hour journey) at least twice a year and he loves it, he's always sticking his nose out the cage to see whats going on! We pad his box with vet bed and give him food and water for the journey.
We always let him out for a run round my mums house when he gets there so he can stretch, he loves investigating the new surroundings not to mention all the additional attention he gets!

I'm sure he'll be fine - enjoy your holidays!

Alvins a travel bun..... 7 hours up to scotland and then back again a week later..... the rescue dont have a problem with jubilee becoming a travelling rabbit neither :)

Ok, I'm going to take him!!!:D

I'll let you all know how it went when I get back!!

BYEEEEEEEEEE

Love

Kerina
x

Tiny used to love going in the car, he was always relax and not stressed at all. We used to take him to the Isle of Wight for the weekend so leaving the house at 7pm and going down to my in law around 10h30. And he didn't seem stress or unhappy. He had plenty of hay a huge box and also some water so he was fine.

Honestly I will prefer to have my rabbit with me than leaving him behing.

just base it off the rabbit....

some of my animals hate travelling - sam being one - furthest i take her is to waggytails in sheffield, for boarding,a nd even with just the hours drive she makes it clear she's unimpressed!

domino on teh otehr hand couldnt careless.

same with my rodents, and well teh bdugeis tehya dore travelling.

so aslong as yoru bun doesnt mind i say go for it!

Back