• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need advice on Monty's cranky behaviour

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
So here's the load down: when I first pick up Monty at SPCA, there was a surgery mishap, as such, I have to give him anti-biotics and cool his testicles once a day. Since that is the very first day that I get to know him, there is some uneasiness as I have to catch him in my arm to feed him w/ the anti-biotics and ice pad on his ball.

That go on for 14 days or so, and it's been about 1 mth. since Monty arrived at my house, and currently:

he doesn't like to get close to me, if I'm walking near him, he'll hop away, quite often he even stump his foot then hop away

what can I do?

is he neutered? sounds a bit hormonal with the stomping as well maybe? or maybe he thinks you do bad things to him like put ice on his balls!!??

Try to hand feed him treats and pellets so that he doesn't associate you with bad things or just sit with him and let him come to you, the way you would with a new bunny, he'll come round in the end.

Try to hand feed him treats and pellets so that he doesn't associate you with bad things or just sit with him and let him come to you, the way you would with a new bunny, he'll come round in the end.

I agree as from the moment he met you you were doing bad things like giving medicine and icey balls and stuff so that is what he associates you with so he now needs to associate you with good things like treats and strokes etc:D

do you have a dog crate? when i got pebbles from the RSPCA she had been englected and she was petirifed of people, so she always run away. I put hr and domino (because they were bonded) into an empty dog crate with nothing in, opened the door and sat at the opening. Bcus the dog crate was sooooo boring, and she saw i had nice tasty cabbage on my lap...she venured over after a little while.

People recommend reading a book or something near them, and dont do anything to them, but i find when i a bun is particulary afraid, it tkes a long time to get bored of whole room or the whole garden! I did this a little bit every few days for a few weeks and now pebbles doesnt associate me with bad things!

Back