• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

any advice an individual to a bonded pair?

becks

Alpha Buck
it isnt a definate yet (far from - i have the other half to convince for a start!)

however i'm just interested in how hard it is to introduce a third bun toa bonded pair.

my two did meet another bun whilst at boarding (as teh bun follows her owner everywhere!) and the twow ere very taken to her....they were all lining up togetehr quite happily.

however i know that meetinga new bun an dgetting on doesnt mean they would accept a third bun into their home.

i've currently got two rabbits, sam (female) and domino (male) so i'd be looking at female (i believe taht is the best mix?), both my two have been neutured, and i would have the new girl done also.

my pair are 18 and 20 montsh now. sam wa sfrom a pet shop,w hilst domino was a rescue, i did teh bonding process myself at home, so have been through it once already.

just wanted to know if people find "threes a crowd" or if three does work?and if they had any problems with the bonding process?and recommendations of age of new addition (should there be one) etc.

i jsut see so many buns on rabbior rehome, and cant help but think i could squeaze another in aslong a smy two approved!

i introduced Pippa into a pair of bonded brothers and it was very easy!.

She loves being in with them and they love her, although she is a little messy for them!!!:roll:

Good luck if you decide to go ahead!!.

I added a male to my bonded pair a few months ago. . I had to bring them into the kitchen to do the bonding and they ended up staying there for a whole week. . The female of the group was the one causing trouble she's a right little madam! thankfully she has now accepted him :D she's not very lovey dovey with him though and have only caught her grooming him maybe once or twice, saying that though he doesn't groom her either.

thanks you two.

i mentioned it today to teh OH,a nd as we are going to egt them a shed rather than a new hutch when we move (domino has a thing about trying to eat his way out!!!!!) that will probably be when we look at taking ona new ddition, as tehre will be plenty of space :)

It really depends on character.

My bonded pair accepted a new male with no issues at all though they did have a small scrap a few months later but they all snuggle up and groom each other constantly.

Back