• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

update on berties backlegs

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
well i was adamant id bathe him before we went as today he was a disgustung mess..but with the weather and my asthma we decided to sponge him off when we got home.
Rob was baffled..he couldnt find a thing wrong with him and all the tests he did to see if berties muscles and joints could cope were 100% clear...

We said hes too aggressive to bahe before we came out anyway and he will be when we get in..but its got to be done.
no sign of ballder probs..not enuff wee in bladder to get sample but his temp was fine...he was just hard to handle..has been with vets since the abscess fiasco..dont think hes forgiven any of us!

I told rob situations at home etc and about the recent bonding attempts...and why we had to stop for now.
General opinion is what i first thought..berties a stuborn old duffer who lived his way for 18 months..just as he pleased...
hes had the situation ripple with willows arrival and then bandits..hes tried hard with both n fact bonded with wilow in those 8 hrs! now he cant be with her cos of bodning with bif didnt happen..willow got beaten up by weny miss thang! so willow retaliated and fur pulled cept willows a frenchie and bifs a lionhead lop cross size of a medium dwarf lop.!!

Rob thinks berties nose is well put out..and hes still angry over the treatment and fussing with his abscess.....plus stress of home right now..ie gaden being done etc....hes obviously weeing on his fave stuff or fave patches..ie the new bed..and of course it being waterproof he soaks a lot of it up! Remedy..just play it by ear..literally! hopefully he will stop havingpaddys or when theyre finaly bonded hell mellow..lets hope cos he was THE most mellow bunny i had EVER known!

i tried the spray on foam to start the clean up..but it didnt work.so niki dragged out the wahl clipper...i was so upset cos of my asthma attack ongoing probs but it had to be done..
i poped bertie on the clean bunny bath towel on the settee..nikki cliiped him and the fur saved up on the towel.so when it was over i folded the towel up and popped it out inthe porch for me to do tomorrow.

hes cleaner and seems happier even tho he had his vhd booster tonite..when he had the abscess he was due his booster and i forgot but its been four weeks so hes a month late but i ad to be sure the abscess wouldnt come back before then too.
hes much more relaxed now..he nipped me arm whilsti was holding himto be cliped..never touched me before doing that!
Hes ben snozing had the heating on it was so cold tonight inhere..and the buns loved it...i had cleaned the bed and the flor and put a new f resh thermal blanket on the bed..bif went to sleep for ages wth him onit..but then he kicked the blanket off and their still having arguements over it..one digs it one way one didgs it the other and tries to move it withtheir teeth!
Berties had a goood supper and loads of hay..and bits off hiw willow basket from hay experts..all 4 buns love it!

i went to say nighty night to each one and bertie was happy for me to get some cheeky rubs abd nosey rubs in and get his cheek pressed up against me in return..i wuv the big lugg.

im hoping to get to town tomorow when me mum gets back from staying with me aunty..taxi tho.i wont make a bus ride and walk with this wheeze!
im off to wilkies to buy dust masks so i can clean out willows crate and fllor and install new crate pad..waterproof masive version of bif n berties...which will fit exactly not like the too small version we have inthere now which isnt waterproof..and she has bowls of water:shock: :shock:

i feel so stupid for it was the obvious after all..but i couldnt take any chances..hes just a bit slow on moving until he wants to...pooing whilst hes sleeping eating etc is normal..hes not incontinent liek folks keep saying he must be...ie my mum etc.

i am soo relievd i thought it was e.c or arthritis o r injury from his humping and box jumping sesions!! nope just a fed up angry frenchie!:oops:

Back